Chapter 11

Scarlett opened her eyes to a very bright morning her eyes slowly adjusting. She looked around her room her head pounding with pain. she slowly got out of her bed and headed straight to her washroom. After using the washroom and doing the usual morning routine she stated at herself in the mirror, she noticed how drowsy she looked. Her eyes still looked like she just woke up and slightly swollen. She just ignored it and got ready for school. She walked down the stairs to the kitchen, her head still hurting. 

"Goodmorning." Scarlett's mother chimed. She was making breakfast so she didn't notice Scarlett's face.

"Goodmorning." She replied sitting down at the breakfast table with a sigh. 

"Is something wrong?" Her father asked putting his newspaper down. Scarlett shrugged. 

"You know," He took his glasses off. "Your mother and I know you well enough. Something is wrong." He stated. In the mean time, Mrs. Frost had brought the breakfast for the three of them. 

"No, I just didn't get a good night sleep." She shrugged off. But it was a lie, she probably had the best sleep ever. It's the head ache that bothered her. 

She finished her breakfast and left her home saying bye to her parents before she left for the bus stop. 

She walked down the same path to her bus stop and waited, she noticed that Eric didn't show up. No one did. She didn't see the usual 10th grader boys obsessing over their band practice or the 11th grade girls trying to apply lip gloss at the stop. Or the 12th grader Ryan. 

"Where is everyone?" she asked out loud. Soon enough, the bus had come. She boarded the bus knowing that it would take her to her school because of the sign on one of the windows. But the driver looked suspicious and very odd, almost perverted. 

She sat down somewhere in the middle of the bus. The bus driver made a right turn and headed down the normal route but suddenly made a sharp right. Where is he going thought Scarlett. He had a evil smirk on his face and then Scarlett realized that it was the same bus driver that was in the accident. He started to laugh out loud and it seemed to have echoed through the bus. His head turned around completely, like a 360. But he kept driving, Scarlett gasped and backed up all the way to the back of the bus. There was no where else to run, the driver had stood up and was stalking towards her. She begun to tear up and let out a shriek. 

"Go away!" She yelled at him but he kept laughing at her attempt to stop him. She turned to the back emergency exit and tried to open it. "Stop!" She said. "Stop, just leave."  

"Scarlett!" Mrs. Frost yelled. "Scarlett, sweetheart wake up!" She shook her daughter by her shoulders. 

Scarlett awoke with a loud gasp and beads of sweat dripping down her forehead. 

"Scarlett, you were screaming in your sleep!" Mrs. Frost said worried about her daughter. 

"Bad dream, it was just a bad dream." She said assuring herself. 

"Okay," She said as she stroked her hair. "Come downstairs for breakfast." She was about to leave her bedroom then she asked Scarlett if she wanted to go to school today. 

"Yah, i'm fine. I'll still go to school." She said. Scarlett got up and stared at her reflection in the mirror. 

"What is wrong with you?" She asked herself. She felt her head and it felt swollen, throbbing and most of all pain. She felt pain just like in her dream. When she got dressed and went downstairs to her kitchen her parents asked if she was alright. Since they noticed her holding on to her head. She brushed the pain aside and told them that it was nothing, and that it was just a lack of a good night sleep.