Chapter 14

"She's a werewolf?" Scarlett said dumbfounded quietly to herself. She looked at Eric expecting an explanation, she knew that he knew about this.

"I-"

"You're a werewolf too, aren't you?!" She exclaimed interrupting Eric.

Eric, put his finger on her lip telling her to keep quiet, but it was too late. "Run!" Eric said. They ran as fast as they could, Eric showing his true colours, ran faster than Scarlett this time.

"Stop!" They heard one of the men behind them. And for some strange reason Scarlett stopped running, so did Eric.

"Eric, who is this?" The man was familiar with Eric.

"Scarlett." He put his head down. The man wasn't of any danger, he seemed safe.

"Hi," He extended his hand and Scarlett hesitantly shook it. "I'm Grace's father, Huron Spencer." He was tall, and had a strong aura about him. He stood up nice and straight, at a respectful distance. Scarlett studied him carefully, he had dark brown eyes and short hair. He wore casual clothing.

They all stood there awkwardly, Scarlett still trying to digest what had happened. "How about you come inside." he pointed towards his home. And for some reason, Scarlett went along with Mr. Spencer and Eric.

When she walked in, she was hit with a strong scent of pine trees. She slowly walked into the family room to sit down. "This is my wife, Haida and my son Garrett." He pointed. Scarlett was scared at first but there was a friendly ambiance in their home. Haida was a few inches taller than Scarlett and Garrett was as tall as his father. Haida had shoulder length brown curly hair, just as Grace did. She had a dazzling pair of brown eyes. Garrett was also like his mother, but he had darker brown eyes.

"How about you take a seat and we will explain everything to you." He said, noticing that Scarlett was still standing.

She sat down, Eric sitting next to her. She observed her surroundings very silently, she saw Haida Spencer and noticed her smiling at her. In a caring and motherly way. Garrett also acted comfortably around her.

"Oh, I should get you all something to drink." Mrs. Spencer zipped away into their kitchen.

"I'll get Grace." Garrett said getting up and leaving with a smile.

Everyone was silent, Scarlett stared at all the tribal pictures, they were a stereotypical werewolf family. They had the name Huron written in every picture. Scarlett's attention was brought back to Garrett as he entered the room and Grace's petite body was standing behind his, too ashamed to face Scarlett. She was dressed in new clothes, before Scarlett could say or do anything, Mr. Spencer spoke up.

"Um, Scarlett?" She looked at him in an instant, responding to his deep voice. "I think we should tell you, you have the right to know." He started.

"About Grace?" She asked looking at her.

"Well, in some sense, yes. But also, about Nightshade. About everything that you have been experiencing.

"Okay." Was all that came out of her mouth.

"I'm guessing the Council has told you about the beginning already," He assumed, and he was right, Adrian had told her. Scarlett nodded her.

"Your friends Eric and my daughter Grace are werewolves," He stated. "But we do not harm anyone unless it is necessary. I was once part of the Council, but it was tearing me apart from my family. I was a different person then, not a good one either. So as a family we decided to live a normal life, but don't get me wrong. We are proud to be werewolves, part of the Huron tribe. But we try to live a less blood shed and aggressive life than others would expect us to." He explained, and Scarlett listened carefully.