Chapter 20

He advanced to the doorknob and twisted it slowly and cautiously, each second creating suspense. When he completely turned the knob he pushed the door open lightly. And then there was a bright light...

The two squinted their eyes and looked away from the source of the light and once their eyes adjusted they looked at the tall mirror which was emitting the blinding rays.

"What is that?" Scarlett asked astonished. The mirror looked opaque and milky, as if the swirls of milk where constantly moving in spiral motion. Scarlett was drawn towards it staring into the mirror and as soon as she raised her hand to touch the beautifully framed mirror Ethan shouted.

"What are you doing? Are you stupid!" He slapped her hand away from the mirror.

"What? It's not going to hurt us." She said.

"He is right to be warning you." An old man with snow white hair mixing in with his white beard that reached his puffing chest. He wore a long dark blue robe and held a wooden cane. 

"Sorry we didn't know that someone was here." Scarlett said quickly. "I am Scarlett Frost. And this is my friend Ethan. 

"That is alright, but you kids should not play with these things." He said with a smile. 

Ethan and Scarlett stood there silently and nodded. 

"Now, you." He pointed at Ethan. 

I sense that you come from the Royals." The old man said. 

"What?" she asked Ethan. 

"That's my last name." He told her. 

"Oh." 

"I am sorry, I should have introduced myself. My name is Caspian. I am a warlock." He turned around to get something. 

When Caspian turned around to face them he held a book, it looked like it was going to fall apart. It was very old. 

"This book, has all the answers that you are looking for." He said smiling, his smile comforted Ethan and Scarlett. 

"How do you know what we're looking for?" Scarlett asked. 

He laughed a little, "Oh I know, I know very well." There was silence. 

"You need to open that trunk." He said breaking the silence. "And to open that trunk you need to know what those ancient scriptures and patterns mean." He said, knowingly. 

"You can help us?" Scarlett asked with hope coated in her words. 

"Of course I can, it is for the well being of our race. So that supernatural creatures can live in peace and let humans be." He said. 

"So what do we have to do?" Ethan asked.

"Well, first I would like both of you to sit down," The two of them looked at each other confused. Since there was no where to sit. They looked behind themselves and found two cushioned chairs waiting for them. They looked at Caspian and he smiled with his eyes. 

"Magic." He replied. 

They sat down, and Caspian sat down as well. He let out a sigh and flipped through the pages. 

"Aha, here we are." He said with victory. 

He turned the book so that Ethan and Scarlett could see it. The picture of the trunk was on the page and to it's right was an ancient language that Scarlett, nor Ethan could decipher. 

"That's the trunk." Scarlett said with wide open eyes. "I just don't understand what the patterns and the language mean. But whatever is inside it will help end the feud."