Chapter 7

"Good morning Crosswell Knights! Our principal Mr. Grayson has a few announcements for this spooky month."

Scarlett was in the main hallway sitting at a round table studying for a test before first period. She hadn't seen Eric nor Grace since morning.

"Good morning everyone! I would just like to say a few things about our Halloween activities."

Scarlett suddenly brought her attention to the announcements,"I completely forgot." She whispered to herself.

"We will have a Halloween dance this Friday and throughout the rest of the week we will have tickets being sold. It is a short notice but that's what happens when student council procrastinates." Everyone laughed at that, including Mr. Grayson, you could here him slightly chuckling.

"Scarlett!" She heard Grace coming down the hall. She attacked Scarlett with a hug. "My uncle told me everything, Scarlett i'm so sorry." She was really worried.

"Scarlett?" Eric stood behind her and she turned around to see him. "You're alive?" He asked sarcastically.

"Ha ha, very funny." Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was really worried Scarlett." He said quickly. The bell rang and Scarlett went off to her first period class.

"I have a test this period, wish me luck." She cheered.

"I am so happy we are friends with her." Grace watched Scarlett walk down the hall.

"She's so charming." Eric said in awe. He began to rest his arm on Grace's shoulder but she giggled before she walked away and he clumsily lost his balance.

__________________________________________________________

During lunch Eric, Grace and Scarlett met up in the cafeteria. All three friends were waiting in the lunch line, the smell of gravy and chicken making Eric out of the three the least patient.

"Why is this taking forever." He mumbled.

Scarlett and Grace laughed at his hunger.

"Hey, Scarlett?" She turned around looking for whoever called her name. She looked back to the line and saw Ryan.

"Hi." She smiled cheerfully. She motioned for him to come up to the line, he wasn't butting in line, she offered him to come in front of her.

"You have the same lunch as us?" She questioned.

"Yah, well only on day fives." She looked around and noticed other seniors students mixed within the line and she nodded.

"So, did you hear about the bus driver?" Ryan asked Scarlett and Eric expecting them to know. "Oh and Hi. I'm Ryan." He shook Grace's hand being polite.

"No, what happened?" Scarlett asked while retrieving her chicken from the cafeteria lady.

"Well," He grabbed his lunch, "He died."

"What? How, it wasn't even that much if am impact." he shrugged "I don't know but the driver in the SUV was a..." he looked around, "werewolf he whispered so that only the three could hear.

"That's fatal, but thanks for telling me Ryan. I was worried." he gave her a nod and did they same to everyone else then joined his friends.

The three of them made their way to a lunch table. Suddenly Scarlett remembered about her encounter with Adrian. She wondered if he was okay. What if his father had questioned him as to why he didn't bring her to him?

"What's wrong Scarlett?" Grace asked her. "You look lost."

"Yah, is something wrong?" Eric asked.