Chapter 2

Scarlett walked into her first period class, she scanned the classroom and thought to herself that it wouldn't be too bad. Until she was given a dirty look from one of the girls sitting in the second row of desks.

She steadily made her way over to an empty seat, it was in the third row exactly in the middle. While Scarlett was taking out her books Grace Spencer entered the class she seemed like a shy girl to Scarlett. She observed her as the timid person looked for a seat. Which, by the looks of it, was clearly taken from the snobbish girl that Scarlett had encountered earlier. Scarlett had a vacant seat next to her, so she waved for her to come and sit next to her. Grace looked a bit nervous at first but then slowly advanced toward Scarlett.

She was only one step away from taking her seat until a leg popped out from the second row and tripped Grace. While the entire class erupted with laughter, Scarlett scrammed out of her seat to help Grace up. She looked to who's leg tripped Grace and it was the same girl who gave her the dirty look.

"Might want to keep nerd girl from tripping, not good for the image, you know what I mean?" She whipped her hair as she turned around, Scarlett was beyond frustrated at this point.

"What a great first impression." She whispered to herself. After Grace got everything together she sat next to Scarlett.

"Hi I'm Scarlett." She gave her a smile and stuck out her hand.

"I'm Grace." She whispered timidly and shook Scarlett's hand.

"Okay everyone take out your textbooks, we will be taking up our homework." Their math teacher yelled out, while everyone else groaned.

Then, when Scarlett opened up her page to the chapter that the class was on, she saw the girl that tripped Grace take a sheet of paper from someone else.

They looked like answers, it was the homework, she had someone do it for her!

"Who is that girl?" Scarlett asked Grace with disgust boiling inside her.

"Oh, that's Veronica Skye." Grace whispered very timidly to Scarlett. "I try to stay away from her." She added on. She looked at Scarlett and fixed her glasses, Scarlett felt sympathetic for her. The period went by fast, Grace and Scarlett became good friends over the course of the day.

"I'll see you tomorrow Grace!" Scarlett waved to her new friend and made her way to her locker to pack her bag. She tried to open her locker but it wouldn't budge. She thought she wasn't putting in the right combination so she tried it again. It eventually worked but then the locker door didn't open. At this point she was frustrated, she really wanted to go home. She kicked her locker in anger and mumbled to herself.

"Having troubles with your lock?" Someone asked from behind her. When she turned around she saw a boy who was smirking in amusement.

"Allow me." He seemed over confident and tried to open the lock. Scarlett just stood their amused at how high this guy thinks of himself. As he approached the locker it swung open without him even touching it. He cursed in pain.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?!" Scarlett was worried because the locker door swung with great force. He moaned and asked to go to the nurse's office. She picked up her things and supported him with walking as she navigated her way to the nurse, clearly the boy she hardly acquainted with was no help because he was exasperating about the pain.

"Are we here?" He groaned as he asked this.

"Yes we are, she's checking you." Scarlett replied.

"It looks like he was hit very, very harshly! Did you get in a fight, Eric?" The nurse asked him, he shook his head. "You stay here Eric, and i'll get you some ice. And oh what's your name dear?"

"Scarlett Frost." She answered with a smile.

"Well, Scarlett, thank you for bringing him. You can go home now." The nurse gave a bright smile and left to get Eric some ice.

Scarlett grabbed her things and just when she was about to leave Eric called for her, she turned around to face him, "Thanks Scarlett." She smiled at him.

"No problem." With that being said she went to her locker which was now closed some how, luckily it opened like a normal locker should this time and not wiping someone out.

__________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey,

Sorry for updating so late.

I promise to update more frequently!

To the right is a picture of Veronica

-xoangelxo