Chapter 21

"Hey Scarlett! It's Violette, call me back as soon as posible!" Scarlett woke up to the sound of her home phone leaving a message.

"Violette." She said to herself, then thinking why she didn't just text her. "So old school." She missed Violette, more than anything. Getting out of bed and stretching like a cat, Scarlett struggled to get to the bathroom. After taking a quick shower she called Violette.

"Hello?" Violette answered.

"Hey! I just got your message."

"Oh my god Scarlett! I miss you so much. I can't believe how long we've stayed a part from each other!"

"I know, I wish you were here, I really need someone to talk to." Scarlett said.

"Scar, what's wrong? You don't sound like my Scarlett." Violette noticed the sad tone in Scarlett's voice.

"When can you come and sleepover?" Scarlett asked.

"Tonight?" Violette asked.

"Really!" Scarlett brightened up.

"Sure, what am I going to do all alone." Violette, just like Scarlett, didn't have any siblings.

"I'll see you tonight then." Scarlett smiled.

"See you tonight baby!" Scarlett laughed at her comment.

"Scarlett sweety?" Scarlett's mother opened her door.

"Come in mom." She said, putting the phone away.

"Was that Violette?"

Scarlett noded.

"Sleepover?" Her mother asked.

"Yup. I'm so excited, I needed to see her. It's been so long." Scarlett said.

"Ok, I'll see you downstairs for breakfast." She smiled and went downstairs.

Scarlett sat lazily on her bed and went through her phone's cameraroll. She looked through the pictures of Grace, Eric and herself. The three hadn't spoken to each other in a very long time. Ever since they spotted Adrian and Scarlett together, Grace and Eric disowned her. And Scarlett felt very hurt by this.

She came downstairs to find her mother laying the eggs on their plates and her father talking to her.

"Goodmorning Dad." She walked over to give him a kiss.

"Good morning princess, you seem glum." He commented.

"Glum?" Scarlett sat at the breakfast bar.

"It's a real word, now stop changing the topic. Is something bothering you?" He asked.

She shook her head, while drinking her tea.

"She should be happy, Violette is sleeping over for the weekend!" Mrs. Frost said.

"Really? Then you should be happy." Mr. Frost said looking at Scarlett, she kept averting eye contact.

"It's nothing really, just trying to figure out the whole mediator thing." Scarlett spoke up. She noticed how her father shifted uncomfortably in his seat when she mentioned 'mediator'.

"Dad? Are you okay?" She asked. Mrs. Frost stared at him along with Scarlett.

"Yes, I'm fine." He said. Scarlett knew he was lying.

She debated whether she should read his mind, but oh wait...she can't. Or at least she thinks she can't.

"Well, I'm sure it's nothing you two. Let's have breakfast and then your father and I have to go to the shop." Mrs. Frost said.