Chapter 25 - Running In The Dark

here's an update hope ya'll enjoy it

Emily shoved me and said "can we go now, I'm anxious to start," I laughed and said "no, finish stretching," she rolled her eyes and did as I said, then she stood up and said "can we race now, I promise I won't shove you unless you shove me first." I rolled my eyes and stood on the track line, and said "on three, ready one, two--," Emily cut me off and said "three before she took off in a sprint, I chased after her. Man she's fast, I sped up until I caught up to her and said "you'll have to be faster than that if you wanna beat me," she smirked and sped up and said "I'm just warming up," as she passed me and I rolled my eyes, as she continued to speed around the track.

When I reached the starting line she questioned "what took you so long?," I gave her a glare and replied "I didn't realize how fast you are," as I caught my breath. She laughed and replied "I'm going to run three more laps, make it a mile, I miss running in the alleys, running was always what I loved about the streets." Demi stood up and said "you go on ahead, I'm just going to sit down and watch you run those laps," she smiled and walked over to the starting line before she began to run the rest of the laps.

When she finished the 3 other laps she walked over and said "you wanna run another mile, with me," I gave her a 'your absolutely crazy' look and said "that's not happening, but you can run another 4 laps if you want." She sighed and said "not here, I meant in an alley," I gave her a confused look and said "I'll run a mile with you, here, I don't feel like getting tecnas today," she just rolled her eyes and said "suit yourself." She then stood up and pushed me back to the ground as she took off running, I laughed and said "oh is that how it's going to be," as I raced after her. 

She finished running her four laps about three minutes before I did and said "you got a 9:21 minute mile," I sat down and said "what did you get?," as I caught my breath she replied "7:18 minute mile." I laid down and she stood over me questioning "tired much?,"  I closed my eyes and said "why aren't you," She just smiled and said "I'm an alley kid, remember, running has been my life since I was 12." I sighed and said  "let's go meet Nick, at the hotel, we both need a shower before anything else happens," Emily held out her hand and I took it and helped me up.

I walked into the hotel room and said "go get in the shower I'll get in when your done," I walked over to Nick's hotel room and knocked on the door, he opened it and said "what happened to you?" I replied "funny Nick," as I walked into the room and continued "Emily and I went down to the track a few blocks away, and she ran two straight miles, after we raced, I passed on the first one and ran the second one with her." Nick smiled  and said "how'd you do?," I  shrugged and said "I got a 8:21 minute mile she got a 7:18 minute mile." Emily walked into the room changed with her hair wet and a towel over her shoulders she said "your turn," I smiled said "one down one to go, bye Nick," as I walked out of the room.

{Emily's P.O.V.}

I said "so did she tell you how I kicked her ass when we raced," Nick laughed and replied "no, but I bet that was fun," I laughed and said "yea, I'm going to go back to our room and take a nap, since nothing else is going on." Nick replied "have fun sleeping," as I walked out of the room and back into Demi's and mine, Demi's in the shower already so I laid down on the bed and began to drift off to sleep.

I woke up to Demi shaking my shoulder and she said "hey, hey, your okay, I'm here, you were screaming, and crying again," I whipped my tears away and pushed her hands off of me and said "I'm okay, I'm going to go for a walk or run more rather clear my head. If I'm not back in a few hours something's happened to me," Demi wrapped her arms around me and replied "okay, just know I'm here if you want to talk about it." I nodded and walked out of the hotel room, I walked into the elevator, and when it stopped on the first floor I walked out of the hotel, and turned the corner, before sprinting into an alley.

{Demi's P.O.V.}

As soon as Emily left the room two people walked in and pulled out guns a hand was put over my mouth from behind me and a knife was pressed to my throat, someone whispered "you can come willingly or get hurt, your choice." I struggled and the blade was pressed against my throat tighter, I stopped struggling and blacked out as something hit me on the head.

{Emily's P.O.V.} 

I walked back into the room and said "hey, Demi you can stop worrying about me I'm back," but the only the response I got was silence, I looked around the hotel room till I found a note on her nightstand. I grabbed it and sat down on the bed and opened it and read "Dear Niece, if you ever want to see your adopted mother again, you'll  meet me at the front of the hotel tonight, and come with me to meet your fate, death." Tears rolled down my cheeks and I ran to Nick's hotel room and knocked on the door, he opened it and I gave him the note, after he read it I said "I have to do what he wants, I have to die to save Demi from that cursed man."