Chapter 35 - "Demetria."

here's an update guys, I thought that you might enjoy reading more words, I hope you've enjoyed my book so far. :)

{Emily's P.O.V.} 

I woke up with Demi's arms still wrapped around me, I put my hand on her forehead and immediately pulled it away, startled by how hot it was, I sat up and called out "Kels, Demi's burning up." I heard the shuffling of footsteps from the next room and then Kels walked into the room, she whipped the sleep from her eyes before she walked over to Demi, and put her hand on her forehead. Her eyes widened and she shook Demi's shoulder and said "Dem wake up, you need to take a cold bath, now," Demi just groaned an rolled over, replying "I'm cold, I don't need a cold bath." Kels sighed and replied "Demi, you have a high fever, your shivering, and you need to cool down, or I swear Demetria I'm going to call Sirah and well both drag you into the bath," Demi sighed and sat up.

She got out of bed and leaned on Kels for support Kels walked Demi into the bathroom and began to run the bath, I heard them talking in quiet voices, but I couldn't quite make out what they said. Then Kels walked out of the bathroom and said "Demi's got a fever of 112, I'm going to make breakfast, let me know if she needs anything," I nodded and laid down in the bed and said "can you just give me an apple and some cereal." Kels shook her head and said "why don't you come downstairs with me, and get what you want, I'm making french toast," I replied "okay," as I got up and walked downstairs with Kels.

After Kels and I ate breakfast I slowly made my way upstairs into the guest bathroom and took a shower, I walked out of the bathroom after I got changed into clean clothes and blow dried my hair, I then walked into Demi's room and said "mom, you okay." She replied "ye-yea Emily I-Im fine," I could hear her teeth chattering, as I struggled a little to walk back downstairs to Kels who was sitting on the couch watching T.V. I said "Demi's teeth are chattering." 

She turned to me and replied "I know her fever is making her cold, but she's actually really hot, I responded "I know, I hope she gets better soon." Kels replied "me too, I also hope she doesn't get the both of us sick." I leaned my head on Kels's shoulder and said "I'm going to play Demi's guitar, I'll be in her office," Kels replied "okay, I'll be here or in Demi's room," I gut up and stumbled before walking into Demi's office and picking up her white electric guitar. I plugged in the pocket amp and began to play around, messing around with cords, playing around with different tunes and piecing them together. 

I stopped playing when I heard a loud thud from upstairs, Kels ran upstairs first, I followed my tired legs making me slow, and waited outside the bathroom in respect for Demi's privacy as Kels walked in she said "Dem are you trying to hurt yourself or did you think this would be fun." I heard Demi reply "very funny Kels, just help me get dressed would you," I heard the shuffling of clothing an a few minutes later Kels walked out of the bathroom. Demi leaning heavily on her, she's now dressed in pajamas, Kels helped her over to the bed and she laid down and closed her eyes, she's still shivering. Demi then sat up and took a few small sips of the water bottle before she whispered something to Kels who nodded, Kels said "Emily, why don't you go back downstairs and play Demi's guitar some more." 

{Demi's P.O.V.}

I turned to Kels and said "sorry," Kels shook her head and replied "you tripping over your own feet while your trying to get dressed is not something to be sorry about, I was just messing with you." I replied "Emily was outside the door the whole time, she doesn't know what happened, she probably thinks I hurt myself, and you don't want her to see what happened," Kels opened her mouth to say something. I cut her off and said "go talk to her, but don't bring her back up here, she needs to keep her distance, I don't want her to get sick," Kels replied "alright," as she walked downstairs. 

I laid back down on the bed and closed my eyes my whole body feels like it's on fire, but I'm shivering and cold, my head killing me,  I rolled over an opened the drawer on my bedside table and took out the advil. I took out 2 pills and downed them with a sip of water, I closed my eyes and laid down again, only to roll over and throw up in the trashcan minutes later, I sighed as I whipped my mouth with the washcloth. I picked up the thermometer and put it in my mouth as Kels walked back into the room, she picked up the trash can and walked away saying "I'll go wash this out." I took the thermometer out when it beeped and read 105 degrees I put the thermometer down and said "at least my fever's going down," I began to drift off to sleep listening to Emily play the guitar downstairs.

{Emily's P.O.V.}

Kels explained what happened in the bathroom, I thought Demi had seriously hurt herself and didn't want me to see what she did, I walked upstairs after only falling once and said "hey Demi," I got a "hmm," as a reply. I walked over to the side of the bed and said "mom?," Demi opened one eye and said "what is it?," sleepily I replied "have you tried eating anything yet?," she responded "I can't keep anything down, but, my fever isn't as high as it was." I replied "that's good," Demi then said "Emily, you know I love you, but I don't want you to get sick, please, just let Kels take care of me okay." I sighed and replied "okay," as I walked out of the door and back into Demi's office, I picked up the guitar and began to play my feelings away, getting lost in the music.