Chapter 42 - "I Don't Know What Will Happen."

Here's an update sorry for the weird A/N's on this and the last three chapters I recently lost a friend, she's hurt and I have no Idea if I'll ever be able to talk to her ever again, I just needed to let those feelings out bc they were crushing me, bc of how devastated and upset I was and still am.

{Emily's P.O.V.} 

Demi said "I'm actually going to head to the grocery store, Nick will you stay here with Emily while I'm gone?," he nodded and said "yea," he then turned to me and said "you wanna play the guitar and sing or do something else?" I smiled and whispered "let's build a pillow fort and surprise Demi when she gets home," Nick nodded and said "okay, let's go into the office," Demi walked upstairs to change. She came down minutes later and said "bye guys," as she walked into the garage, Nick and I took all the couch pillows and the sheets from the guest room and began to build a fort in Demi's living room.

Nick and I finally finished building the best pillow fort ever, we used a lamp for a support beam and light source we also wrapped some christmas lights I saw in the garage around the inner edges of the fort. We're using plastic spatulas from the kitchen as weapons, Nick and I sat in the fort laying in wait for Demi. I peeked my head out of the hole on top every now and then, Nick said "quick hide under the blanket," as we heard garage door opening, we both buried ourselves under the blanket that separated the 2 halves of the fort." 

We heard Demi laugh and put down the groceries as she said "ohhh, wow, I knew you guys were up to something but I was not expecting a giant pillow fort in my living room,...guys?," she walked over to the entrance and moved the sheets as she walked in. Her mouth was gaping and she said "this is so cool," Nick and I smiled and looked at each other, he put a finger to his lips and held up his spatula. I nodded and grabbed mine as well, we both climbed out around the sheet and Nick said "put up your weapon and face the fort keepers," Demi rolled her eyes and said "okay, I see how this is gonna be, I guess I'll need some leverage......

She reached forward and grabbed me and said "I've got your friend and I won't let her go until you drop your weapon," I laughed and said "don't listen to her, defend the fort, forget about me," through my laughs. Nick held up his weapon and inched closer and closer to Demi, she slowly began backing out of the fort, and said "she's going to stay my prisoner. Unless you drop your weapon and let me join your fort keeping club," I continued to laugh in Demi's arms amused by the both of them.

Nick eventually dropped his weapon and said "fine you may join our club, but only if you give me my friend," Demi released me and I fell into Nick's arms, he hugged me and we all went back inside the fort. I smiled and said "that was fun," Demi looked around and said "where did you guys get the christmas light?," I replied "the garage," and she nodded. I said "so Demi did you actually put the groceries away or did you just set them on the floor?," Demi gave a small laugh and replied "I'll go put them away now," as she walked out of the fort.

I turned to Nick and said "thank you for helping me make the fort, and for saving me from the intruder," he winked and said "anytime," I smiled and replied "so you want to use the extra pillows to start a pillow fight." Nick replied let's ambush Demi when she comes back in," as he handed me a pillow, and grabbed one for himself, me and Nick waited outside the fort for Demi as she finished up putting the groceries away.

When Demi came back over Nick and I started hitting her with the pillows she said "hey, no fair, you guys have pillows I don't," I handed her my pillow and laughed really hard as she started beating the crap out of Nick with it. Suddenly pain sparked throughout my chest and I placed a hand on it, it felt like something was squeezing my chest, I closed my eyes and tried to breathe, barely taking in short gasps, I started hyperventilating.

{Demi's P.O.V.}

I stopped hitting Nick with the pillow and went to Emily who was now hyperventilating, I had her lie down, and said "Emily look at me try to take deep breaths and calm down, you need to relax, the doctor told me this might happen." She tried to breath slower, slowly trying to take in more air, eventually she managed to get her breathing under control again, I said "okay, I think thats enough excitement for one day," Nick will you take her upstairs, I'll get her, her medication." 

Nick carefully picked up Emily and said "mom, it hurts," I gave her a sympathetic look and replied "I know babygirl, just hang on till I come upstairs," I got the last of her medication before I walked upstairs to see nick fluff her pillow before her tucked her in. I smiled and said "thank you so much Nick," he saluted to me before he walked out of the room, I gave Emily her meds and a glass of water and watched as she took them. 

I then closed the guest bedroom door as I left, Nick was waiting for me at the top of the steps, he said "so I guess you saw me fluff her pillow, and tuck her in," I smiled and replied "I thought it was very sweet of you." He smiled and said "thanks, I'm trying to be kinda like a father figure to her, I'm not implying that we like date or anything...unless you want to...but um...I don't want her not to have someone to like protect and be the dad (to) her in a sense I guess you could say." 

I put a finger on Nick's lips and kissed his cheek, I let my lips stay there for a moment before I pulled away and said "I'm going to take a nap." I walked in my room and left Nick standing with a smile on his face in the hallway, I smiled to myself as I laid down on the bed, and closed my eyes to take a small nap.