Chapter 8 - Trouble At Home

{Demi's P.O.V.}

If that girl Emily met at the gym knew she would be there with me that must mean the people looking for her know that she's with me and I can't call the cops because then they will take her back to the orphanage. This whole mess is so f***ing confusing, ugh, I didn't find out anything yesterday other than that her mom was a lawyer, and her father was a police officer, I have to go to the studio soon, I'd better wake up Emily. I hate leaving her here alone now that I know a group of people are trying to find and possibly kill her, I got up and walked upstairs I went into the guest room, I walked over to Emily and shook her shoulder. She sat up and said "what," I  responded "I'm going to the studio, I'll be back around noon if I'm not running late, see you later okay," She got up and grabbed some clothes before replying "bye Demi, as she walked into the bathroom. I sighed as I walked to the garage mumbling "I wish I knew how much danger we are both in, I wish I could do more to protect her."

{Emily's P.O.V}

I looked at the clock it's almost 2:00pm where's Demi She's not normally this late, I hope she's okay, I heard a knock on the front door and got up, I looked through the peephole and gasped, I backed away from the door.

(Flashback)

There was a loud crash then I felt the seatbelt tighten over my chest then everything went black, when I woke up I saw the entire front of the car was destroyed, both my parents were dead, they crashed into the truck infront of them. The car behind us crashed into the back of the car, collapsing the back, I unbuckled my seatbelt and saw that my brother was bleeding from a piece of metal stuck in his abdomen he probably wouldn't make it. I laid there bleeding from a wound in my shoulder, I was getting weaker, I pulled out my phone and dialled 9-1-1  when the operator answered I managed to "get out help, car crash, and hurry." I heard the breaking of more glass and I hung up I threw my phone somewhere, I gazed at the window where a hand was breaking the glass, then a face appeared  and the person said "yea, I think they're all dead, let's get out of here, before someone comes."  I blacked out moments later and awoke to the sound of sirens and the feel of someone pulling me from the car, and into an ambulance.

(Flashback Ends)

I collapsed to the floor, the man at the door is the same guy that broke the window of the car and pronounced my entire family dead, he's come to find me I can't let that happen, I ran upstairs and into a closet. I heard the sound of someone picking a lock and stayed very still as footsteps came closer I heard someone call out "I don't think anyones home," a different voice called back "the kid has to be here, Derek didn't see her walk into Hollywood Records with Demi Lovato." I gasped and heard someone run upstairs, then question "did you hear that?," then came the response "yea, it came from in here," I held my breath. The footsteps came closer then someone said "did you look in there, it was the girl's voice the one that I met yesterday at the gym, I pulled some clothes over my head and she said "I'll look since you're all so dumb." The closet door opened, then I heard the garage door open, a guy pushed someone out of the way "move," he said, I felt someone grab my arm and yank me out of the closet.

I heard footsteps running upstairs, I laid on the floor in a ball holding my knees to my chest, the girl said "look she's terrified, you scared her to death," then pain spread over my back, and Demi called out "Emily what's going on." I heard the window open and they all jumped out, the girl stuck something in my arm and said "this will help with the pain and stop infection, I have to go, meet me at the gym tomorrow and I'll patch you up, I'm sorry about what happened." Then she jumped out the window, I realized I was now in the bathroom, Demi came in moments later and gasped she exclaimed "I knew someone was following me yesterday, and to the studio today, what happened to you." I replied "they found me," Demi's expression grew cold and then she grabbed something from the cabinet and wrapped it around my torso multiple times, before she said "you're sleeping in my bed today, I'm not leaving you alone."

She picked me up and carried me to her room then she laid me down and whispered "I'm so sorry about what happened today, I know that if I had gotten home on time that you probably wouldn't of gotten hurt." I replied "you need to take me to the gym with you tomorrow, that girl was with them I think she's one of them but she doesn't want me hurt, she said I need to meet her tomorrow," Demi thought for a moment then said "okay I'll take you, but only if you wear a hoodie and make up again." I sighed and said "deal," Demi got up and locked her bedroom door and closed and locked the window shut, then she laid down next to me and said "sleep Emily, you need it." I slowly began to drift off to sleep, Demi laying down next to me, she gives me a sense of security, I hope one day that she might adopt me not just hide me from the cops, and the orphanage.