Chapter 50 - "We'll Be Home Soon."

Heyyyy guys I hope you enjoyed the last update I'm going to try to post another chapter soon hopefully.

I sat down on the counter and said "so are going to patch me up?," Demi looked up at me and nodded as she was handed a box of band aids by the girl. I looked at her sternly and said "then you'll let me patch up your graze on your leg, right?" Demi rolled he eyes replying "fine if that's how you wanna play it," I smiled and said "it is," as she began peeling off my old band aids. After she had peeled off all the old bandaids she rubbed rubbing alcohol whites over every graze and put on new band aids. After she finished I grabbed a bandaid from the box and hopped off the counter I kneeled down and peeled off Demi's old bandaid and put anew new one on her calf she put her hands on her hips and rolled her eyes.

I just shrugged and said "why don't you call Nick and the authorities," Demi nodded and replied "okay, I'll be right back you go sit or lay down," I walked out of the bathroom and sat down in a chair near Demi as she borrowed the girl's cellphone. I eavesdropped on her phone call with Nick until the girl sat in the chair across from me and said "so, you and Demi and Nick are like a family I guess?," I nodded and said "yea I love them both so much they've been nothing but kind."

She nodded replying "yea, I figured," I said "so um thank you so much for helping us," suddenly I heard a voice I hadn't heard in 2 years come from upstairs it said "hey sis, who was at the door." He walked downstairs and gasped and said "Em h-how ar-are you al-alive, I-I thought y-you d-die in t-the crash 2 y-years ago?," I sat rigid afraid that if I turned around I'd find that my brother's voice was a hallucination. The girl across from me and said bro you know Emily Lovato, Demi Lovato's adopted daughter, she gave us both confused looks the her eyes widened and she said "OMG that's why I thought you looked familiar.

I stood up an turned around as Demi walked over and said "Nick and the authorities will be here soon, why do you all have stunned expressions on your faces," I walked over to my brother and questioned "is it really you bro, I swear you were dead." He nodded and said "yea big sis it's me, they must of put us in different hospital rooms and orphanages," I wrapped my arms around him and he began to cry in my shoulder. I whispered "I know," as Demi said "what the f**k is going on here," I released my brother and said "mom this is my brother the one I told you I thought died in that car crash."

Demi held up a finger and pointed them at us and gave me the most confused look imaginable and said "I thought he died, how is he standing here," I shrugged and said "we were most likely put in different hospital rooms and different orphanages. I was never told he was dead I just assumed because well, I never saw him again," I turned to my brother and he nodded, confirming he thought the same thing. I turned to him and said "what are we going to do, we live different lives with different families, the crash wasn't an accident, mom he's in danger the longer we stay here."

Demi nodded and said "your right we have to go, I'm afraid until the whole people trying to kill us situation is cleared up...you can't see each other...," her brother gave me a very concerned look and said "people are trying to kill the both of you!?" She hung her head and said "it's a long story, they killed our parents and they think your dead, they want me and Demi dead, they can't know your alive." He nodded understanding and sighed he gave her another hug and said "well I'll miss you, we've been apart two years I guess we can be a little bit longer," I smiled and said "I look forward to seeing you again little bro.

Demi and I walked out of the house Nick's car was parked next to a police cars he got out as we walked outside and ran over to us, he wrapped his arms around Demi and gave her a tight hug, before he gave her a long kiss, I turned away embarrassed by the both of them. I felt arms wrap around me and Nick whispered "I missed you too, Emily," I turned around in his arms and hugged him and said "I missed you too." Demi was watching us with a glowing smile, she said "okay let's get home, so we can take nice long showers," a police officer walked over to Demi and Nick and they began to talk in hushed voices I walked over to Nick's car and got in and waited for them.

After about fifteen minutes of them talking to the police officer Demi and Nick walked over to the car, Demi sat upfront with Nick she turned to me and said "hey babygirl get some sleep it'll be about thirty minutes till we get home." I nodded and looked out the window toward the house, I noticed my brother was looking out a window of the house he waved as I locked eyes with him, I gave a short wave before Nick began to drive back to Demi's house.