Chapter Three

November Smith

October 15th

"My future wha?" I stuttered, eyes widening to the size of saucers.

"I'm so sorry, Dear." Mom wrapped her arms around me. After letting go, she walked towards the key bowl, grabbed her car keys, and said "I'll be in the car," before skipping out the door.

My mom loves me, if you didn't notice.

I groaned, before walking out to the car, which was already started and contained my excited mother.

"Oh, this is so exciting! I can't wait until the grandchildren come!" Her fingers tightened their grip on the steering wheel as they drove.

"Mom," I groaned. "Why do you hate me?"

"Aw, Sweetie." She reached her hand over and pinched my cheek, "I don't hate you." She cooed, "how could anyone hate you?"

My jaw dropped. "Mom!"

"Sweetheart, you're a doll, you really are the sweetest thing. But you're a teenager. You can have your moments." She rubbed her hand on my leg, "And your moments...are not pretty."

"Nice to know that my mom tends to hate me." I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Now, Nova. I never said that, and you know that I didn't."

"Whatever." I looked out the window, seeing trees everywhere, ranging in color from green, to red. "How much longer until we get there?"

"Only a couple of minutes."

%(".")%

The neighborhood that we entered was nice; like really, really nice.

When you turned into it, it was a long gravel road, mile long driveways on either side of it. There were cherry blossom trees, their leaves mostly on the ground rather than on the trees that lined every inch of the side of the road. We continued driving, pulling into the driveway that was all the way at the end. The house probably cost more than my life, it being a large white mansion with black shutters on each window. The front doors were bright red, a large gold staircase leading up to it. The house was surrounded by large gardens, featuring every type and color of flowers known to man. There were fountains, varieties carved in black marble. Small koi fish swam around in the fountain water.

I gaped at the house in front of me, not realizing that I had walked towards the front door until I had found myself standing before it. My mom knocked, waiting patiently until the door opened.

Before us stood a lady. She seemed older, but her face was so young and taken care of, I couldn't tell. She had blond hair that cascaded down he back in perfect curls, and she was in a grey business suit with heels that could kill, they were so high. About five inches, I'd say.

"Good afternoon," she smiled warmly at us. She turned to me, "You must be November." I nodded. "Such a beautiful young girl you are. How old are you, dear?"

"Eighteen." I smiled.

"Oh! So is Michael!" Excitement flashed through her eyes, "He will be so glad to meet you!"

"I can't wait to meet him," I lied through my teeth.

Homestly, I was terrified. And terrified is just an understatement. Who in their right mind would make their child get married at eighteen?

Oh, wait. My mom would.

"Oh, pardon me! Please, come in, come in! Make yourselves at home!" she opened the door wider, allowing us to enter. "My name is Johanna Kingston. I'm his mother. Would you like something to eat?"

Mom raised an eyebrow at me. "Yes, that would be great. Thank you."

"Oh, it's my pleasure, Dear!" Johanna grinned. She walked over to the staircase, shouting up it. "Michael! Bradley! Please come down here!"

She disappeared into the kitchen after motioning us towards -what I suppose was - the living room. We turned our heads at the sound of footsteps entering the room, to see a man that looked to be in his thirties. He smiled at us, holding out a hand for us to shake.

"Hello, I'm Bradley, Michaels father and Johanna's husband." after we shook hands, he say down on the sofa opposite of the one we sat on. Johanna peeked into the room, glancing around, before getting a troubled look on her face. She motioned 'one second' by holding up her index finger, before stepping out of the room, and calling Michaels name again. Soon after, we heard two sets of footsteps.

It's time.

I turned my head, looking at the boy that was to be my future husband.

And let's just say...

I was not expecting Michael Kingston to be standing in that doorway.

~~

Hope you enjoyed :) Please vote and comment what you think!

~Emily