During Chapter Nineteen

I tapped my foot in anticipation as I sat there, staring at the stick sitting on the bathroom counter. After two minutes or so, it beeped, making my eyes widened in anxiousness. I slowly and hesitantly reach for it, shaking as I felt the plastic between my fingers.

A pink plus sign light up on it.

"Great! Just great!" I huffed. I don't know why I'm mad, I mean it was the plan to try for one but it also sounds like a lot of fucking work! I threw the stick into the trash can and stood up for the floor, dusting off my jeans. I stepped out of the bathroom, my eyes immediately going to the bed, where an anxious boy sat.

His head turned at the sound of the door opening. His eyes widened as he stood up and walked towards me. "Well?"

I sighed, looking down at the floor. "Guess we're having a baby," I muttered. I felt his arms wrap around me and his shoulders releasing tension after I placed my hands on them.

"It'll be okay," he mumbled into my hair

What I was wondering, though, is if he was informing me when he said that or trying to convince himself that it was true.

~~~~

Michaels mother squealed in delight at the news, however my mother just shrugged at me.

"You could've done better, November." She sighed, shaking her head as she walked away.

I placed my head in my hands, feeling her disappointment radiating on to me.

The feeling was awful.

I heard small footsteps running throughout the house until a flustered April came running towards me. "Nova!" She shouted in my ear.

I glanced at her, raising an eyebrow. "What."

"I'm going to be an aunty!" She screamed, jumping with joy. "When they tell you to pick what it is, pick a girl! Then we can play with dollies and go shopping all day long!" She clapped her hands together. "But don't worry," she placed her hand on my shoulder. "You can come to." A large grin formed on her face before she ran out of the room, still shouting.

I sat there thinking for a few minutes, until Tiana came in with her hands on her hips.

"Tell me what the hell is going on." She demanded, sitting across from me.

"I'm . . . I'm havin' a kid," I muttered, huffing.

"What the fuck, November. Why?"

I shrugged.

Because they wanted me to.

Because I don't want to lose Michael.

Because if I ever did lose Michael, shelter from cancer or just in general, id have a part of him.

I couldn't answer with that.

So instead, I shrugged and said, "it was the right thing for us."

This response, however, pissed Tiana off even more. "You're not their slave, you don't have to do everything they want you to!"

If I want their son then I am.

Who said I didn't want to?

I'm just a little sad.

Maybe it's a symptom.

Maybe. Just maybe.

---

A/n: this chapter is short I know sorry you don't have to mention it and demand a chapter soon because I felt bad for not updating but I actually had a really awful day the other day so writing didn't even cross through my mind. Whatever. Enjoy. Sorry for mistakes I wrote on phone.