during Chapter Ten

|Michael Kingston|

"You overreact too much," mom huffed. "I swear, that's the only mental gene you got from your father." 

My eyes practically bulged out of my head. "Says the woman who throws staplers!" 

"Hey!" She smacked my arm. "We all have our ways of letting off some steam."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, sure." 

She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's true . . . don't you have a wife you should be worried about?"

She gestured towards the kitchen table, where Nova sat in one of the chairs, her head lolled onto the table with her eyes lightly shut and her lips partially open. 

"Nah," I waved it off. "She's probably sleeping." 

"Oh, yeah, because people love to take naps when they find out that they're going to have a child in the near future." 

"Maybe you shouldn't force her to! She'd be conscious!" 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't you put this all on me now!" She shouted.

"It's your fault!" 

"No it isn't! It's . . . it's . . ." She trailed off.

"Whose fault is it, mom, whose?" I asked, growing impatient. 

"I called your grandmother . . . and asked her what to do." She finalized.

"Are you fucking kidding me!" 

"I'm sorry."

"No you aren't. I'm leaving now." I walked out of the kitchen, only to remember that I had forgotten something. Turning back around, I walked into the kitchen and over to the table, where I picked up November bridle style and carried her back out with no words to my mom whatsoever. 

I took her up to my room and laid her on my bed. Afterwards, I decided that I was going to take a shower. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Nova Kingston|

I opened my eyes, feeling incredibly tired. Looking around, I realized that I was in Michael's room. I thought I was in the kitchen? My eyes widened when I figured out that all of that must have been a dream. I don't have to have a baby! I jumped out of the bed and stood. I could hear the shower running from in Michael's bathroom and paused when it turned off. 

A minute or so later, Michael came out of his bathroom, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. He stopped walking when he saw me, pursing his lips and looking away. 

"So, I'm just gonna . . . go now." I awkwardly shuffled to the door, but stopped when I felt a hand on my arm.

"You do know that we have to have a baby, right?" 

I froze, completely out of words.

~~~~~~~~~

a/n:

okay this chapter sucks and i want to cry just thinking about how bad it is and my life just sucks and you guys kept rushing me and omg no ok no

50 votes and 30 comments