During, Chapter Fourteen

a/n: it's going to be nova's pov for a lot of the upcoming chapters so i'm done writing whos pov it is ok

Tiana shrieked, "you're pregnant?!" 

My eyes widened. "No, no, no! I am not pregnant . . . at least not yet . . ."

"Who's idea was this?" My mom questioned, placing her hands on her hips. 

"Uhm," I thought about it. Who's idea was it? "I honestly have no idea."

"That's it," mom threw her apron down on the kitchen island, "I'm calling Julienne."

"No, mom, no! It's fine, honestly. In fact, I think it will make Michael and I even closer, which I can't complain about . . ." I shrugged, looking at the floor so that I didn't have to make eye contact with either Tiana or my mom.

"Wait . . . the November that I know hated his guts a month ago, and now you're starting to like him?!" Tiana threw her hands up. "Where have I been! That is so cute!" 

Tiana stood up from her seat, leaning over the table to hug me. "I'm so proud of you, babe." She squeezed me, making me flinch which shook the table. My bowl of tomato soup wobbled back and forth, making a look of worry appear on my face. I didn't have the hands to stop it from spilling because of Tiana's hug, so it ended up tipping over and spilling all over my lap. 

I shrieked, making Tiana let go of me, her hands flying up to her mouth as she let out a gasp. "I am so sorry, Nova!" 

Grabbing the towel that my mom handed me, I mumbled, "It's fine." I dabbed my pants, trying my hardest to get it all out. Standing up, I let out a frustrated sigh. 

Great, I thought, now it looks like I've been in a monthly-accident. 

I left the kitchen, about to go upstairs to change out of my jeans, when the doorbell rang. Momentarily forgetting about my pants, I walked to the door and opened it, revealing no one other than my husband himself.

"Hey, No-" he started, his eyes trailing down to the stain on my pants. "Is this a bad time . . .?" He wondered, cocking his head to the side. 

I'm sure that by this point, my face matched my pants for sure. I flustered in embarrassment and shouted, "why is my life such an embarrassment?!" 

He laughed, pulling me into a hug. "It's fine, baby, just tell me what happened." 

Narrowing my eyes, I muttered, "I spilt my soup . . ."

"Excuse me?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"F-for lunch," I stuttered, "I had a grilled cheese and tomato soup-" he laughed "-and Tiana hugged me and the bowl just tipped and . . . this." Gesturing down to my pants, I looked back up at him. 

"Well, isn't that nice. Go on and change, we need to talk." 

"Okay," I replied, "come with me." 

I grabbed his hand and led him up the stairs, on the way to my room. 

"No baby-making in my house!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

My face red, I responded with "shut up".

Michael laughed, giving my hand a squeeze. After entering my room, I shut my door behind us and walked over to my dresser. 

"So, whatcha wanna talk about?" I asked, pulling out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt from my dresser. 

"Well-" he began, but stopped when he watched me slide off my stained jeans. He eyed me until I called him out by clearing my throat. "Oh, uh, my mom wants to have a family dinner at my house tonight . . . you know . . . you, your mom, your sister, my family and I, my grandparents . . ." he trailed off.

Sliding on my sweatpants, I glared at him. "Your grandparents?" 

". . . yeah?" He shrugged, giving me an innocent look. 

"So, by that, you mean I have to dress nicely? Like, not in sweatpants . . ." I trailed off.

"Yeah, baby." He mumbled, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry," he kissed my cheek.

I shrugged, "It's fine, I guess." I planted a kiss on his lips, and began to take my shirt off.

"You know," he smirked, "you're making it real hard for me to refrain from starting to make that baby now."

"What?" I wondered, until realization hit me and I gasped. "Michael!" 

"What? I'm a guy! Give me a break!" He sighed.

I slipped on a t-shirt, and, glaring at him, grabbed a towel off of my floor and started towards the bathroom. 

"Where ya goin'?" Michael asked.

"To take a shower so that I look at least a little bit presentable tonight." 

"True . . ." He muttered. I shot him a glare, making his eyes widen. "No! Not like that! I meant that I should probably take one too."

"Have at it," I shouted, shutting the bathroom door. 

I heard my bedroom door close after Michael shouted that he'd be back to get me at 6. 

This is going to be fun.

~~~~~

a/n:

hey so im alive and not any better than i was last time. rush me = no more chapters. and yes i realize the chapter is short but i have a lot going on atm so if anyone complains about it, i'll make them even shorter. xx

175 votes and 60 comments