Crossroads (Chapter 5)

Your make-up was done. Nothing too out there but nothing too simple either. Just a smokey eye and a bit of lipstick. It wasn't great, you weren't really in the mood to go out to the bar and party and hook up with anyone. Your day had been horrible already. Freezing cold shower, neighbour saw you naked, electricity cut out. Water bill and electricity were obviously overdue because you seemed to have neither. You had completely forgotten about the electricity bill, all up until now when you realised that you couldn't curl your hair. Things just aren't going my way today.

You let out a low and heavy sigh as you decided on how you should have you hair. Up or down? Back or front? Both? High pony? Braid? Decisions just weren't your thing. After all, they had somehow got you ended up here in your crappy apartment, with your crappy job, with your crappy water and electricity bills in your 99% crappy life. You had 1% of something good in your life. Crowley. Everything always came down to Crowley. With a sigh, you let go of your thoughts and picked up a hair brush and began brushing your unruly  (h/l) )h/c) hair.

You spent an hour trying out different hair styles, all just to end up having it down. Shoving the brush back into the draw, you took a long hard look in the mirror. You looked... good. You actually looked good? Well at least one thing went my way today.

You checked your phone. It was already 6.10. You panicked realising you only had 20 minutes because Alis and Quin were the two friends who turned up on time. You ran to your room to find your clothes. Were you gonna go as a little slut or dress more maturely. You decided to dress in some short shorts and a midriff top. You weren't gonna be beautiful forever right? You weren't sure if this was one of your good decisions but you went with it. You grabbed your light denim short shorts and your black midriff and hurriedly put them on. Realising you only had 8 minutes you searched your wardrobe for some decent shoes to go with your outfit. Your converses were the best you could find so you slipped them on just in time, because your doorbell rang and you knew it would be Alis and Quin. Grabbing your bag from the counter, your opened the door and headed down to the car.

"Hey (y/n). How's it going?" Alis asked walking towards the car with you.

"You don't wanna know you," you said. You always felt better around Alis and Quin, but today you had to fake that bit of happiness. Things just weren't going your way and nothing could fix that. As you got to the car, Quin engaged in conversation and you spoke to them both as if you were actually in a happy mood. They didn't pick anything up either so you were safe for the rest of the night because as soon as you all got to the bar, they would both be too drunk to notice.

As you arrived at the bar, you realised how much you weren't in the mood to do this. You silently sighed and headed through the doors with your two friends. You all took a seat at the bar and had the bartender ask what you want. You friends both took a their favourite drinks so you got a (y/f/d).

Within the first 20 minutes, both of your friends had been taken away by some hot dudes, but the only attention you got was from some emo kid. You questioned his presence, but ignored it when someone caught your eye. He was older than you but he was gorgeous. He had perfect green eyes, sandy blond hair, was about 6'1" tall and you saw him walking away from his 1967 Chevy Impala. So not only was he stunning, but he had a taste in cars. He was walking perfection.

As he came through the doors, you were silently hoping that he would come your way. Take a seat next to you, have a drink, fall in love blah blah blah fairy tale ending. But that never happened for you so you soon gave up on the hope that he would even notice you. So as he made his way through the doors, he had a look around. To your guess, he was probably looking for the group of hot single women. And you weren't wrong. There was a bunch of pretty blond girls over by the lounge area. He made his way there, but you were wrong on one thing. He did notice you, so much so that he gave you a wink and a smile. Your heart leapt out of your chest and you could feel the heat growing on your cheeks.