Demons Are Nice? (Chapter 9)

You had been still for hours, hugging you knees to your chest, crying at the bottom of the stairs. Crowley had only used you for a promise, for himself. What were you even thinking. He couldn't have emotions because he sold his soul and was the King of Hell. What even made you think doing anything with him was okay. You only met him a few days ago. 

Your thoughts were interrupted by a scream, making you flinch and cover your ears. It was a man screaming, and it was one of the very few things many people heard. Your mind began to wonder what they were doing to him. You hadn't really seen any of them yet, but you guessed that they didn't look human. You didn't even realise the screaming stopped when your mind was wandering. You sighed in relief, and heard a door slam, to you guess it was the demons leaving. You were sick of crying, and sobbing over Crowley and your muscles were stiff. It was time for a walk. 

You stood up, sore from sitting for too long. You took a second to adjust , steadying yourself against the wall. You had pins and needles in your foot, but that soon went away too. You thought right would be a good way to go, but then you realised that your decisions were bad, so you went left. You were sure that was where the scream was from too, and you were curious to check that out. So, abandoning original decisions, you walked down the left hallway, arriving at a room of cells. It was horrible. Most people in this room all looked similar, and judging by the tags in the cell you were right. The names on the cells read "Hunter; Amanda Wilks" or "Hunter; Kaitlin Forbes" and none of them had anything else. It was all the same.

You noticed that most of them were asleep or laying motionless on the floor. It wouldn't be too hard considering that it was all charcoal stone walls and floors and no windows. This room looked like an emo decorated it. Everything was the same black, and strange, but it didn't concern you too much. After a pointed cough, your eyes averted from the wall and to a cell nearby. An older man was sitting there, looking at you. You guessed he was the one who was being tortured, because he was gripping his stomach and had blood on his hands. You rushed over to him, not even thinking he could be dangerous. 

"Are you okay?" you asked nervously. You looked at the name tag on the cell. "Hunter; Bobby Singer." You turned back to him, and he replied. 

"Do I look okay to you? I was tortured by a  god damned demon, so no sugar, I ain't okay," he sassed. You were taken aback by his remark. How was he sassy after he was just tortured? 

"Sorry," was all you said in reply, turning around and looking at the room again. 

"So, what's a girl like you doing in Hell. It ain't exactly the ideal place for a holiday," he mentioned.

You thought about it for a moment. Would it matter if you told him the truth, or would it be best to lie. You didn't think that you could say the whole proper truth with an encore of tears, so you  had to come up with a lie at the top of your mind. 

"Well, I uh, um...." was your only response. What would anybody be doing in Hell besides soul selling or relations with the King? Uh, yeah, nothing.

"Bad liar, huh? Great. So real story time yet?" he yawned. 

You contemplated the idea for a moment before realising that you didn't care. "I fell for Crowley. Came to Hell by an attempt at selling my soul but Crowley refused and made me spend  some time in Hell and leave when I wanted to go back to my crap life. Things with Crowley got..touchy. Then I read something I wish I didn't, and came down here," you said, holding back tears.

"Crowley, really? Yeah he does suck, had to kiss him for a deal, and he took a photo. Such a dumb ass..... So what did you read that you wish you didn't?" he questioned. 

"Something from an ex-lover from 20 years ago, Sapphire Teals or something, she died of cancer. She made wanted Crowley to promise that on her death day, every year we would find someone to do what they did on that day. Surprise, that day was yesterday, and I'm guessing we did what they did to that day, 20 years ago. He said I was special, but I guess he didn't mean it," you sobbed, slowly sinking to the floor.