Time For a Wedding(Chapter 27)

It was the finally day. The day you got to marry your soul mate. You'd waited centuries for this moment, and finally, you would have it. You couldn't stop that smile appearing on your face, which was odd considering you were the King of Hell, but that didn't bother you. Nothing mattered now, only you and her today.

It was early that day, she would still be asleep, so you decided you should go for a walk and see the ballroom. The wedding would be perfectly suited to her likes. You knew everything would be exactly how she'd want it. Well you hoped so anyway.

Contrary to the many meetings and conversations it took to have this wedding perfect, very little of it was your doing. You did absolutely nothing to do with setting up, cake, or anything that involved too much movement. The only thing you did was scribble down a few notes on some paper and hand it to Isaac. You were quite aware of how well the demons knew her.

From the day she got to Hell, they had been monitoring her. Her every movement, they had taken note of, the things that made her smile and the things that made her frown, all of it had been scribbled down on paper and made note of. They cared for her too, in fact, there wasn't one demon in Hell who didn't appreciate her. It had made you realise how lovable she was, and how lucky you were to have her.

You'd given Isaac that list of things you would like included in the wedding somehow, you didn't care how but they had to be a part of the wedding one way or another. You'd had this planned for so long now, you remember telling them the date of it all, sending out the papers, it seemed like so long ago.

The list you'd written, it wasn't long at all. There were only about 3 things on it; black and gold roses, her favourite childhood toy, and the book "Fate." The latter was the book you were reading when you first met that day back in the library. You remember sitting on those red velvet chairs as she strode over to the supernatural section to put the books back on the shelf. It felt like forever ago when you met.

As you finally reached the doors to the ballroom, you put your hand on the doorknob, but hesitated to open it. You wanted to see the place, see if it was really perfect for her, but you had a gut feeling you shouldn't open that door.

"Your highness," a demon coughed behind you. Isaac of course. "It is strongly advised that you don't enter the ballroom until you are to be married. There are still a few hours until the ceremony is to commence, so I beg that you wait until then before entering."

You gazed over him, he looked much more professional than usual. Maybe it was the way he spoke, or maybe the suit he was wearing was a little different. Either way, his change didn't go unnoticed.

"Hence the reason I am hesitant to open the door. But you are correct, I shan't enter before need be. I want it to be as much as a surprise for me as it is for her," you said in an equally professional manner.

"Good choice sir," Isaac said as he began to walk away. But you called after him.

"Isaac."

"Yes your highness?"

"Stop with the professional talk. Although I will admit, good acting."

"Will do," he replied in a much more relaxed manner.

You hadn't really seen any of the other demons around that day, you assumed they were doing some last minute touches, and hopefully the next one you ran into didn't put on as much of an act as Isaac. That's exactly what you didn't need; this wedding didn't need to be all solemn and boring, it had to be fun and extravagant with some obvious rules and order.

Realising you had nothing to do for the next few hours and the next time you were supposed to see (Y/N) was when she walks down the isle, you made way to your room. You'd already left her a note on her dresser, different from the previous one. You knew she'd see it, she was an observant person. All you could do now, was wait.