Chapter 4: One night with Thomas

So we had just walked into my house. Ugh, I almost felt claustrophobic being in my dining room compared to Thomas'. 

"It's okay Indie, I love your house!"

Uh, he must of seen me go red......

"And thanks so much Mrs. Denning for letting me stay the night, sorry to bother you. 'I hope you weren't doing anything."

Aww, he is soo kind!

"Oh, no worries sweetheart, you are always welcome." 

He smiled at my mum and then turned to me.

"Oh, right, sorry, come up the stairs with me. 'D'you want me to take ya bag?" I asked him. 

"Nah, it's alright, thanks anyway."

I just nodded at him and we started hiking the stairs. Well, let me rephrase that. I suppose it wasn't a hike so we really started climbing the stairs. ;) 

"This is, uh, my room, I said, pointing around my room. 'I know it's girly, it weird like that ay? 'Girl's don't mind goin' into guys rooms but I know, guys feel awkward goin' into a girl's room," and I gave him a look of sympathy. 

He laughed. 

"It's cool, he said, ' cool rainbow colours but."

"Thanks, I replied. 'Anyway, I'll show you to the spare bedroom."

And we left mine to walk down the hall to the spare bedroom. To be honest, I love the spare bedroom but I don't think I could swamp mine for it. It had a double bed with a single bunk above it, a TV, playstation, DVD player, a beanbag chair in the corner, a lava lamp, glowing stars on the ceiling, a sparkly door dangler in the door frame and a mini bar fridge with lollies, drinks and snacks. It was pretty much the 'hanging out room' if we had friends staying over and yes, now I can consider Thomas one of my friends. 

"This is awesome," Thomas exclaimed as he put his bag down. 'Hey you could sleep in the other bed here tonight too." 

Ah, I felt like a puppet and my handler was pulling my 'smile' strings constantly. 

"Ah, yeah!" I said. I hope it didn't sound hesitant. 

"So, do you wanna watch some movies?" I asked, gesturing to the DVD cabinet. 

"Yeah, sure, he replied, 'do you have an horror, there my favourite." 

"Yeah, I do. 'I like horror as well!" 

"Cool," he replied, making himself comfortable on the beanbag lounge. 

I put on a horror movie and turned the lights off, the stars glow reaching their brightest. I went over to the fridge and got out some lollies and drink cans. 

"Come sit here," he said, gesturing to the space next to him.

I gathered all the snacks in my arms and went and sat next to him. This was exciting! 

I spread my arms apart, causing the lollies and cans to drop all over the lounge. We picked our way through and we started opening up packets while the advertisements came along before the movie started. As we waited I looked up at his chest and saw a silver chain around his neck, like one of those army style name tag 'boy' necklaces, well chains. Something urged me to move closer and I pulled it out from under his shirt, looking at the symbol. He didn't seem startled by the fact I just pulled his chain out from under his shirt and was looking at it. He just sat there looking at me then at the ads, with his elbows sitting on the back of the lounge, with his legs stretched out and crossed in front of him. I peered at the symbol. There were two v's but spread a little bit out like this:   v   v