Chapter 16

Hunters pov...

I wake to the feeling of being surrounded by warmth, in front of me and behind me, it's an incredibly comfortable feeling if a bit strange to my half-asleep mind. I become aware slowly and I begin noticing different things, from the sound of snores and huffs echoing about the room, to the feeling of fire under my fingers and breath against my neck sending chills down my spine.

I open my eyes and look around me a bit confused at first, the sight of what was essentially a giant puppy pile of wolves with me in the center, Sebastian was behind me with his face shoved in the crook of my neck and shoulder, Papa was in front of me curled around a wolf that is rather large, but much smaller than him. Although, Papa is easily the biggest wolf in the room period.

The pack was surrounding us in a noticeable hierarchy, the more powerful wolves such as the Alpha family , the second and third in command and their families, were in the middle of the pile followed by pack warriors and guardians, and on the very outside rested the omega wolves. Of course, all the children were sprinkled about here and there towards the middle of the pile , typically stationed near the pack defenders.

It's an incredibly serene atmosphere, and I can't help but close my eyes and breathe it all in. I know that once everyone is awake the day will become a chaotic mess of preparation for tonight's feast and naming announcement.

For now, I will just cuddle in with my mate and my Papa and just enjoy the feeling of the earth humming beneath me, the pack protecting me, and the Father looking down on us. I smile as the earth's humming combines with the wind to craft a lullaby meant just for me. The brush of invisible fingers through my hair soothes me to the Moons grasp once more.

****Such a pretty page break****

Lucans pov.... ( and a photo since I forgot last chapter....isn't he just so bad ass?)

I watched my mate as he interacted with his pack, patiently aware of the conversation we need to have, but I can't help but be lost at the sight of him surrounded by the pack's many pups

I watched my mate as he interacted with his pack, patiently aware of the conversation we need to have, but I can't help but be lost at the sight of him surrounded by the pack's many pups. He's beautiful , so much smaller than I am, and he carries a wisdom in his eyes and in his bearing that speaks of a life of tough decisions and lines on his face that tell a story filled with many smiles and much laughter.

"Alec, may I speak with you tonight after the feast is over?" I ask when the children drag him over to me. His smile makes my heart race in an entirely new way. At his nod of consent I turn my attention to the many children swarming me; as I kneel down to smile at the small boy hiding behind my mate's legs, I find myself covered in children. I send a smirk at my mate before surging to my feet careful not to drop a single child.