Chapter 1

"Hey, Hunter what are you doing this weekend, hot stuff." I chuckle as I turn to look at my best friend. She nudges my side and winks at me, playfully flirting is one of her favorite pastimes.

"Oh, you know the usual. I'm gonna party," I say sarcastically. We both stop and look at each other before we burst out laughing. The thing is I'm not exactly what you would call a "social butterfly", I'm actually the complete opposite. I'm very much a homebody and I'd rather be by myself or with a close group of friends than out getting drunk like others at my school. The small fact that I'm the only openly gay kid in the school doesn't help my popularity status, or stop me from being a punching bag for homophobic brickheads.

"In other words, you're not going to leave your room until Monday, right?" She hit the nail right on the head, that was exactly what I was planning on doing.

"Well duh, who would I have plans with?" I roll my eyes,"You and Jason are abandoning me for the weekend so you can make eyes at each other, or whatever gross couple shit you do."

"Woah Hunter," she says. "is that sass I hear?"

I rolled my eyes again, there is only so much Lilly that a person can handle at a time. I tune her out when she start gushing about her boyfriend for the millionth time, and walk to my locker to put my books away and to grab my backpack. I am so glad the day is over, it was a pretty mild day, I was slammed into the lockers a couple of times, but all in all I was left alone.

"Hunter! Are you even listening to me?" she yells while smacking me in the back of the head.

"Wait, what?,"I asked "I'm sorry Lilly, I completely blanked for a second there.," I said apologetically.

"I asked if you had heard about the new kid," she said rolling her eyes at me. A new kid coming here? That's virtually unheard of in our small town.

"A new kid? Where did you hear that? Better yet why would anyone want to move here?" I asked.

"I honestly have no idea, " she said just as confused as I am. "all I know is that its a boy named Sebastian Knight, and he is moving from the east coast."

.........................

I woke up the next day with a feeling that something big was going to happen, but I shrugged it off. I just rolled out of bed and started my morning routine. I took a shower letting the hot water soothe all the aches in my body, I just breathed in the steam trying to work up the energy to get out of the shower and face the day. The good thing is that today is Friday. I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist, making my way to my room. I get dressed in my favorite skinny jeans, a band shirt, a sweatshirt, and my converses. Yeah, I definitely don't try to stand out, school is easier when I can disappear into the crowd. Lord knows I'm small enough to. Lilly's mom is always trying to fatten me up every chance she gets.

I hear a beep and look outside, and seeing Lilly's car parked in front of my house, I grabbed my backpack and walk outside.

"Hey bitch," Lilly says as I climb in the back seat. "Sure took you long enough, if I didn't know better I would swear you were a girl," she said laughingly.

"He might as well be. He's gay isn't that as close as he can get?" Jason jokes from the passenger seat. Ah Jason, if that boy wasn't straight as an arrow and dating Lilly, the things I would do to him. Jason is every straight girl and every gay guy walking wet dream. He has dirty blond hair, a body to die for, and he is as sweet as a teddy bear. And that's all without adding his accent, English and sexy as sin. I'm honestly disappointed that he is straight.

~0o0~

"Shit shit shit shit, I can't be late again, Mrs. Bennett will eat me alive!" I shout as I try to get to my locker so I can grab my books. "This is all your fault you hoe bag!! You just had to have your Starbucks, didn't you? It could have been something easy either, no you just had to have whatever that concoction is." I continue to shout at Lilly as we rush down the hallway. Lilly being Lilly just laughs as she heads toward her class.