Chapter 17

A/n Hello my lovelies, today we have a fairly short chapter that honestly was a pain to write (mainly because I was debating on adding some sexy times between one of our main couples but my brain was not having it). So I will leave you with two questions next chapter smut or no smut, and if so with whom, should Hunty get a thorough work up or should we see the initial marking of Alec and Lucan as mates. Or should i take a break from the storyline and add a very nice christmas chapter or maybe both. I do have a few ideas if you want that. As always comment, vote ,and enjoy the sass.

Swara's pov

"Swara?" I hear Hunter call my name quietly.

"Yes, sweetie?" I say before nodding to Maddox, Alpha Lucans younger brother.

"Is that man pregnant?" I blink and turn to look at him.

"Yes, sweetie." I say quietly, I don't understand why he sounds so confused, I'm sure his mate would have told him by now

"Oh," he says swaying slightly.

'Obviously not. ' I think as his eyes roll in the back of his head and he loses consciousness.

"Oh dear!" I cry as I manage to catch him before his head hits the ground. I just stare in shock as Nico, Maddox's fae mate rushes over to help.

"Looks like someone's got some explaining to do." Maddox says cheerfully. I turn and look at him. "What? Don't look at me like that, you know it's true. I'm gonna enjoy watching my little Hunty baby rip his mate to shreds for letting him find out this way." He chuckles quietly while petting Hunter's hair back.

"We should tell the Alphas about this." I tell him as he helps me off the ground.

"Way ahead of you, Lucan says to make sure he didn't hurt himself and then to just let him sleep it off, they're gonna let Sebastian worry as punishment for being less than forthcoming with his mate on the subject." He says quietly.

"That's definitely going to go over well." I say while rubbing my bump.

Nico laughs, flashing his sharp teeth, and very carefully shifts Hunter in his arms. Anyone who didn't know the big man would be shocked at his gentleness towards those smaller than he. They would judge him on his looks if they were human and on his species for everyone else. The big unseelie fae had proved to the pack and to his mate just how unlike the rest of his court he really is on many occasions.

I smile and rest a hand on my stomach as Maddox leads the way to the family quarters he's been assigned. Upon entering the room I can't help but hum in delight at the sight of all the snacks laid out for us.

"Don't sit down just yet," Maddox whispers in my ear "Nico likes to hover and fluff for us pregnant ones. It's shocking how much the man dotes upon children, he should get along with those three who put the twins in their place quite nicely I think." We chuckle as we watch Nico settle Hunter on the bed in the other room before rushing about gathering pillows. He very gently helps Maddox sit on the fluffy couch, stratigically placing pillows to help support him, before doing the same for me.

"He's such a gentle giant." I tell Maddox softly. Maddox snorts quietly, and reaches out to run his fingers through Nico's hair, when he notices that Nico has settled his entire six foot four frame on the floor so he can rub his mates feet and talk to his baby bump.

"He really is." Maddox has a fond smile on his face that says more than anything just how much he loves his mate. "He is really looking forward to having a child of his own, after all he never thought he would get one." he says quietly.