Chapter 23

*Sebby pov*

"What do you mean, that's not good? What did you bring into my pack!" I yell as the wind starts roaring around us.

"I'll explain later we need to calm her down before she does something she regrets!" Lucan shouts back. I can barely hear him over the wind."

"Mom!"

"Aunt Olivia!" Lilly and Hunter shout at the same time as they try to push through the wind to her side.

"Hunter be careful please." I cry out as he drops to his knees from the air pressure. I don't try to stop him though, I know that if anyone is capable of helping Olivia it's him.

"Auntie you need to calm down! You're going to hurt someone, I know you are angry but this isn't you. You heal people not hurt them, never hurt them." Hunter true to soothe her and although the wind lessens she still looks like a warrior. Her hair like flames, wind whipping at her clothes and her mates giant wolven form growling viciously at her feet.

"What the fuck is that, freak!?" Carol screeches jumping to her feet.

"Have you no sense of self-preservation, you crazy bitch?" Reaver and Ryder say together as they pull her behind them.

"I swear to all that you hold dear that if you just caused another setback for my sister with your bullshit stunt," Reaver starts,

" We will eviscerate you. You don't realize just how lucky you are that our Mom left this morning." Ryder continues.

" Or that dad decided to stay with the rest of the pack." They say together, snorting in derision when she pales dramatically. I hear Lilly make a noise of disgust and turn my attention back towards them.

"Auntie, try to reel it in, I know it's overwhelming but you need to take control of your power rather than let it control you." He grabs her hands and gasps in shock. My heart tries to beat out of my chest and Lysander freaks out inside me as we watch Hunter's whole body stiffen, his back arching and his head thrown back, the moment he touches her.

***Hunters pov***

Everything stops the moment I touch her. No sound. No movement. Just pain, sharp and intense, I feel it running through my body like fire in my veins. I feel something inside me shatter and suddenly it no longer hurts but it's a rush of Euphoria. I hear a woman's voice, different from the usual voice of the goddesses in that it's soft and thin and filled with a bitter-sweetness that makes me want to cry.

"My little prince, I am so sorry for keeping your birthright from you, but it was the only way to protect you from him, I couldn't," She gasps painfully and lets out a sob." I couldn't let him take you from me the same way he took your Daddy, treasure every second you have with your family my love, and allow others to help ground you the way you help ground Olivia." She says her voice slowly fading. Her last words echo in my ears as everything goes white and a harsh ringing replaces her voice. "Mommy loves you, little prince, no matter what anyone tries to tell you, mommy loves you."

"Stop! Please don't leave me again," I cry out as I open my eyes. I can't help the shocked gasp that leaves my lips when I notice that everything is frozen as if time has stopped. There are leaves just hanging in mid-air, Olivia's hair looks like it's frozen in the wind."W-What? What's happening?" I whisper to myself as I look around, I scream when I see Carol holding a Knife mid-plunge toward Reavers back. "Oh god." I can't breathe, I can feel a panic attack building but I'm powerless to stop it.

"This is what happens when a powerful witch mates with two powerful wolves and has a child; This is also what happens when said child's powers that have been locked away are triggered suddenly," Hecate says as she rips the knife from Carol's hand. I let out a sigh of relief and practically throw myself into her arms. "Hush now Beloved, I know, just let it all out," she says petting my hair as I cry. " I know you are overwhelmed and that this is all very stressful for you but once you are ready we need to talk about your powers and your ancestry." She soothes gently as her hounds cuddle around us with a happy pant. "Some guard dogs they are, supposed to be terrifying Hellhounds but they're just big softies," She chuckles as I rub their ears.