Chapter | 3 |

Youngjae

What a beautiful name, the older thought. He smiles, seeing the birthday boy close his eyes and blow out the candles. "What did you wish for?"

Youngjae shakes his head. "You'll see."

"Why don't you two go to the playground?"

"Yeah!" The boys exit the house, excited to play in the sandbox that has recently become their ritual.

"Hey, Youngjae..." The older boy packs the sand into the purple bucket.

"Yeah?" The birthday boy shovels up the sand with his favorite green shovel.

"I never told you my name." Youngjae stops shoveling and smiles at the boy.

"Oh yeah. Tell me."

"My names Im Jaebum." He bows slightly and resumes to flip the bucket, creating another tower.

Im Jaebum. "Im Jaebum, I'm Choi Youngjae." They shake hands and continue playing with the sand.

•ㅅ•

1 year and a half later (about)

The boys had become the best of friends, always hanging out, always sharing secrets, confiding one another.

They were inseparable.

Jaebum had been given some horrible news that he had to share with his best friend, seeing as how it would affect them both.

"I'm moving away Youngjae." The news brought tears to the younger's eyes and was immediately consoled by his best friend. "I'm sorry." Jaebum's grip tightened around his other half, his one and only.

But the younger couldn't say anything. That was a flaw of Choi Youngjae. He could never tell people how he felt, could never fully express how much he was hurting or how angry he was at his best friend for leaving him. So he did what he thought he had to, in order to protect his heart.

"Then leave! Nobody wants you here! I'm glad you're moving away!"

And with that, he pushed away his former friend, the only one who was even close enough to the mystery that was Choi Youngjae's heart. The only one that could ever or would ever understand him.

Unfortunately, that was the last of what was said between the two friends before the elder moved away, a week later.

I watched it. Yoongi is... HOLY SHIT.