Part | 11 |

Youngjae's POV

Don't do this. Please. I care about you too much-

"Shut up." I poke my head outside to see if any nurses are watching. The guard comes in 10 minute intervals so I have enough time to- "Shit. Yugyeom." He walks by the nurses, waving and giving a genuine smile even though it's way past curfew.

Why did you stop?

"Yugyeom is out there."

After a couple minutes, he leaves. I check my watch to see how much time I have left. 5 minutes. Tight but... I struggle to walk down the dimly lighted halway and make it into a storage closet before I see the guard.

"Shit." Blood trickles down my arm as I examine the wound. I notice the coresponding blood on the broken edge of the door, left unrepaired. "I don't have time for this." I stand up, holding my arm and leaving the building. It was out there that I realized I had nowhere to go. I walk to the nearest CVS and steal some gauze and other things I need. At least I don't have to bleed like a pig. From there, I wander for a couple hours, glad to be able to walk without a care in the world. This is it.

I look up and see the familiar sandbox. Why did I walk here? Sitting on the bench in front of it, I look up at the stars in the nighttime.

Beautiful isn't it?

I jump in surprise, forgetting that he was ever there in the first place. "Leave me alone! I don't want you here, confusing me!" A person walks by in shock. "S-sorry, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about..." I point at Jaebum but it seems only I can see him. The stranger nods, scared and walks away. "Look at me, a delusional reject."

Youngjae, I want to show you something.

I look up to find Jaebum walking away. I follow him to a familiar house. "Is this your house?"

Yup. Come inside. The key is under the bunny.

Picking up the ceramic decoration, I could see the streetlight glint on the key. I turn it halfway before I realize something. "Is there anyone home?"

No my parents are away. It's fine.

I sigh, trusting him, although I shouldn't. There's no proof he's actually here anyways.

Inside, the shadows grow along the walls, creating a sense of despair. Go to my room. It's upstairs, last door to the left.

I follow his instructions and open the door slowly. The creak is loud in the house so I stop, scared I might wake someone up. "Are you sure no one's here?"

Yes! Just... Jaebum sighs and looks around frustrated as if he was trying to say something that was on the tip of his tongue, but couldn't. I should be upset as well but seeing him like this just brings back memories that makes my heart ache. Look there.

He points at a bookshelf as tall as the ceiling with a bunch of trinkets on it. To see them better, I turn on the light. Out of all the stuff he had collected over the years, one stuck out the most to me.

I pick up the green shovel as tears well up in my eyes. "Y-you... you're..." I collapse on the floor, hitting my knees in the process, only adding to the pain. "Of course it was you! It was always... you."