Part | 10 |

What I'm going to do is finish the story before answering the questions. That way, you can go back if you want and ask more. ❤

Youngjae's POV

Shakily, I stand up for the first time in months. My hands cling onto the bars for dear life as I take my first step. "Youngjae!" My physical therapist calls out as I fall. "You don't have to force yourself... You have time." No I don't.

"Yeah yeah..." She lifts me up to stretch out my legs again, making sure to warm them up completely and lighten the effort. "Thank you Mrs. Kim but I want to try on my own again..."

"When I became a therapist, I signed an oath to help those in need. Last time you told me to let you try it on your own and you fell. I won't let that happen again." She comes closer, helping up back to the beams. "Now we will try together."

•ㅅ•

"Youngjae! You're looking so much better!" Dr. Kim walks in after an hour of therapy to see that I am more or less able to walk. He greets me with a smile and turns to look at Mrs. Kim. "You are amazing at your job Mrs. Kim."

"Of course I am Dr. Kim." They smile at each other, a hint of a smirk on their face. Do they know each other? "Well Youngjae is ready to go when you are."

"Yes of course. See you later?" So they do know each other... She smiles and nods. But more importantly, why do I care?

Dr. Kim takes me in my wheelchair out of the room and down the hall. "So... You know Mrs. Kim?"

"... Yes we are close." I look up to see a smile on his face. Maybe they're married. "But dont misunders-"

"Why would I misunderstand?" Dr. Kim stops the chair inside my room and turns me around to look at him.

"Youngjae... by any chance... are you upset?" A smirk plays on his lips.

"Dr. Kim thats absu-"

"I said you could call me Yugyeom."

"Yugyeom, I really don't care what you do in your spare time." I cross my arms to make a point and he smiles. He bends over, decreasing the distance between us and picks me up bridal style.

"Dont be mad Youngjae-ah. It's not what you-"

"Put me down." He's too close. He obliges and lays me on the hospital bed.

"Why are you so mad? You were one of my favorite patients because you were happy despite your accident... But now..." I cough and point, signalling that he should leave. "... Is it Mark?"

"What?" I am beyond mad. Who does he think he is, nosing in other peoples buisness? "Yeah? So? I don't care about him, he and his boyfriend can drive off a cliff for all I care."

"Boyfriend? So you are that close... I had a suspicion-"

"No! I don't like him, I just... hate how he has someone real to love and care for him while I only have made up memories." My voice cracks and I unknowingly shed a tear.

"O-oh. I thought you two were... I'm sorry." His hand hugs my shoulder, obviously unsure about the physical contact. "But don't think that you don't have someone to love you." He pauses, collecting his words. "I know that this is probably one sided but-"

"Stop."

"W-what?" His hand falls from my arm, vulnerability being shown.

"I don't want you to say shit about 'everyone having someone to love them' because that's not true in my case. My mom travels a lot, forgetting I even exist sometimes. Mark won't  care if im gone, he told me himself. And Jaebum, the reason I'm here today, alive, I can't even tell him everything I have on my mind. Don't say shit about love cause in my experience, its all fake."

"Y-Youngjae... No, that's not what I was going to say-"

"Just go. I don't care anymore." I flip over on my side, ignoring him.

"Ok Youngjae. As you wish."

•ㅅ•

The silence envelopes me as it does every night, when curfew begins. When my inner thoughts come out to play.

Youngae-ah don't be so rude to the doctor. Can't you see how he feels?

"Shut up! Leave me alone!"

Youngjae it's me, why can't you understand?

"You're not real. You're not real. You're not real." I whisper the chant, covering my ears.

Baby, I am real. I've been with you the entire time, stop ignoring me.

"Don't! Call me baby. You aren't him. You aren't him." I repeat the chant, rocking in my bed.

Do you have any idea what I gave up to spend more time with you? I miss you. Please, talk to me.

"You're not real!" I sit up and shout, not caring if anyone heard me. What I saw shocked me. Im Jaebum standing in front of me, a bluish tint to his figure.

Youngjae... Don't be scared, it's me.

I try to speak but useless sounds come out instead. "Y-you y-you're... j-j" I sigh in relief. "Jaebum. I missed you." I clentch my shirt, crying. "This hurts too much. I don't think I can take it anymore."

He shakes his head aggressively. Youngjae, I miss you too but I want you to live a long, happy life... With the doc-

"No! I want... I want... I don't know what I want." I fumble with my hands in my lap. "But I know I can't stay here anymore." I whip off the blanket and hesitantly float my feet an inch over the ground.

Youngjae, what are you doing?

"Don't pretend you don't know. I'm leaving. For good."

Please keep voting! My votes have gone down... 😔 So please go back and vote for any chapter you might have missed? Thank you! 💕