Chapter | 2 |

The smell of bacon floated in the air, waking up a certain birthday boy. He sprang from the bed, eager to taste his favorite meal. Once he reached the bottom of the stairs, he was met with a surprise.

"Ew, what are you doing here?"

The older boy's expression saddened before he answered. "Your mom invited me." He barely mumbles, turning around in his chair and begins the feast that his mom had so generously prepared. This, of course, angers the birthday boy. "Hey! Give that back!" The older shouted as the younger took his plate and started eating his food. Then the elder ran after him and they started hitting each other, the plate dropping in the process.

"Boys!" The mom shouts, seeing pieces of the shattered plate everywhere. "There will be no fighting today! You got that?"

"Yes mam." The said in unison, lowering their heads.

"Now make up and play nice." The younger turns to the guest and extends his hand.

"I'm sorry." The elder looks at his hand confused, but then smiled, pulling him into a hug. The birthday boy stood there frozen. Never actually hugged anyone other than his mom and relatives, this affection came as a surprise.

"I'm sorry too." The elder pulls away and finds his seat again, patting the chair next to him. "Let's eat." And so they had breakfast in silence, just the way the birthday boy liked it.

•ㅅ•

The day wore on as the three played board games and watched tv. The boys were giggling the entire day, making fun of this and that, not really caring about what they were talking about as long as they were talking. The birthday boy would never admit it, but he grew fond of the elder.

"So, um. What's your name?" The elder laughed a little and moved the wishbone to his side of the table.

"My names-"

"Boys, dinner is ready!" The elder puts down the tweezer-looking wand and joins the birthday boy in the dining room. They eat Chinese food, the younger's favorite, and the mom brings out the birthday cake with 6 candles on top. "Now let's sing Happy Birthday!"

The elder nods and they start singing. "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to, Happy-" but he stops realizing that he doesn't know his name either. Luckily, the mom continues.

"Happy Birthday dear Youngjae! Happy Birthday to you!"

I'm too scared to watch Give it to me. Why does Yoongi do this to me.