Part | 8 |

Sorry I haven't been updating. 💕

Mark's POV

"Youngjae?" I snap my fingers in front of him to get his attention. He barely registers the sound before humming in response.

"What." His gaze doesn't shift from the television.

"Have you been paying attention?"

Quietly, he chews and swallows his food. "Mmmhhmmm."

"I'm going now."

"Mmmhhmmm." I bite my lip to hide the worry. Instead, I pack up and leave the room before my tears start to fall. The elevator dings before the doors automatically open. I step inside, pressing G before letting out my tears.

The doors almost close before... "Wait! Keep the door open!" Someone slides their hand in and manages to get inside before the doors close a second time. I have to clean myself up, making myself a little decent in front of other people. I shift uncomfortably, trying to hide my now swollen face. I thought I could hide it but I had to ruin it by sniffling. Shit. He turns around with a wide expression and I finally see who it is. "H-hey. Are you ok?"

The fact that he's the one who's here right now, going down to the garage instead of literally anyone else makes me want to burst out into tears again. Why does it always have to be him? "I-I'm fine. Thank you." I mumble out the last part, not wanting to continue the conversation. Especially not like this.

"No you're not." His hand finds it's way to my shoulder. "Want to talk about it?" His smile seems sincere. But then again, are people really what they seem?

"No." The elevator dings again, opening the silver doors. It was dark out, even though it was only 7:00pm and the garage lights were dim.

"Hey wait!" He follows me to my car. "You need someone to talk to. Can I at least buy you some ice cream?" My stomach growls at that moment, creating a beautiful sound to erupt from his mouth. Laughter.

"Yeah I guess." Unfortunately, he shields his smile behind his hand, as usual. He then places his hand on my arm again, this time a little lower, my bicep.

""Let's use my car." He smiles slightly, causing my stomach to flip and my heart to race. "I think I have some tissues in there too." I gulp at the current situation I'm in. I probably look like a mess right now, eyes and cheeks red, snot dripping out of my nose, hair disheveled. Yet he's still being incredibly nice to me.

I smile back, hoping he could somehow read the underlying message. "Thanks Jinyoung. I really appreciate it."

•ㅅ•

"Two Mint Chocolate Chips please." Jinyoung orders and pays, ignoring my protest. "Thanks." He hands me my dessert, making sure there was enough spoons for the both of us, in case we both dropped them 20 times.

"You really didn't have to."

He smiles anyways. "I wanted to." We find a bench near the bright street lamp, the cool breeze flows through the trees in the park. It's too cold for ice cream. When I look to my right, Jinyoung has already jumped into his bowl, face first.

Instead of doing the same, I toss around the spoon a little, swirling the chips in with the ice cream. "Jinyoung." My voice barely comes out as a whisper so it surprises me when he responds.

"Yeah?" He looks over, taking a break from inhaling the sweets.

"Why did you bring me over here?" My body now faces him, legs crossed on the cold, hard bench. "We don't really know each other."