Chapter | 6 |

Youngjae's POV

1 month.

1 month since I've seen my good-for-nothing friend and his new 'boyfriend'. Whatever. It's not like I need their interaction. It seems someone else noticed since that certain someone came to see me at the end of school. "Hey, um Youngjae right?"

"Ya what do you want." I put my books in the locker and close it.

"You're friends with Mark right?" I nod. "Is he really dating Jaebum?" Sighing, I walk away. I don't need drama today. "Wait!" Jinyoung runs up to me, trying to match my pace. "Just!... Answer me... Please."

He holds my arm so I stop walking, looking at me with such sincerity that makes me smile. "Honestly, the best thing you should do is tell him how you feel. You'd be surprised with his response."

"What? How I feel? I was just asking if they were dating..." He rubs the back of his neck and laughs sheepishly.

I roll my eyes and start walking away, yelling behind me and mirror what Mark said before. "Sure! Sure! Whatever you say."

•ㅅ•

Jaebum's POV

"Are you sure this is working?"

He gives me a look saying, "Of course it's working Jaebum. Don't be an idiot." No wait, he actually said that.

"Has your crush said or done anything to make you think he's jealous?"

He looks down and hesitates before answering. "Well... No... But that doesn't mean he isn't."

"That doesn't mean he is."

He slumps back onto his bed, placing his arm over his eyes. "Yeah... Let's just stop this."

I fake a gasp and jump into bed next to him. "No, you can't!" He giggles and moves to rest on his left side, facing me.

"This was fun though. I'm glad you turned out to be a nice guy." He smiles, his words touching and warming my heart.

"Thank you. You're a good guy too. I can see why my friend likes you."

He raises an eyebrow. "Ooo I have an admirer?"

I laugh. "Yeah. He's been into you for a while." He punches me in the arm. "Oh! What was that for?"

"Tell me what her name is."

"Actually it's a he."

"Even better."

I sigh, now resting on my back. "I'll tell you his name when your crush thing doesn't work out. Ok?" He punches me again on my arm, causing me to roll over in pain. "Ow! Stop doing that!"

"Sorry, it's just not fair! Tell me the name!" He half gets on top of me, pinning me down while trying to tickle me.

"S-stop!" I try to say in between my laughter.

Knock knock

"Hey Mark-" Youngjae stands in the doorway, with a paper bag that looks and smells like it has Chinese food. "Oh. Hi Jaebum." He puts the food on Mark's desk while Mark scrambles to get off me. "I guess I'll go now." He waves and turns around to go. I jump off the bed and run after him.

"Youngjae!" He left the house already and started running down the sidewalk. "Youngjae!" I repeat and sprint to catch up. Luckily, I do. "Youngjae wait."

I turn him around and notice the tears in his eyes. "Don't touch me." He yanks my hand off his arm and tries to wipe his tears away. "So are you two actually a thing now? Or what?"

I shake my head. "No. We technically broke up today." He nods while still trying to regain his composure. It kills me to see him like this.

"Why."

"Why what?"

"Why did you 'break up' today?" He uses air quotes to emphasize.

"We just didn't think that the jealousy plan was working." He nods again, staying silent while avoiding my gaze. "Did it work?"

He looks up at me, eyes still a little glossy. "Well yeah actually." My heart soars at those three words and I can't help but smile. "Mark's crush came to talk to me after school and he looked upset." And just as sudden, my heart fell again.

"Oh. Great." We stand there awkwardly, not really sure what we should say to one another. "So why were you... Upset?"

He still looks at the ground, shifting the weight on his feet. "I-.... I don't know. I could tell you some bull shit reason but the truth is, I don't know."

Then I feel just a little better, I'm starting to suspect he does know why. "Let's go back." He smiles slightly and comes with me. To be honest, that little smile made my day, my week even, because he barely smiles. "You should smile more. You have a beautiful smile."

He blushes and slightly punches my side. I'm only grateful he doesn't punch as hard as Mark does because that boy can punch. After walking for a couple minutes, I realize we were going to take a while at this slow pace. But I don't mind. Our bodies are so close that the back of our hands kept slightly touching. Each time creating a spark to travel through my body.

So I took a bold move and decided to hold his hand. He didn't move away, or flinch or even look at me. We walked like that the rest of the way to Mark's house.

I need to walk my dog.