Chapter | 21 |

Youngjae's POV

Months later...

"Are you even aware of how cute you guys are?" Mark pushes me a little, making me almost walk onto the open road.

"We are ok. Doesn't mean we'll get couple of the year award or something."

He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. "You guys do everything together! It's a miracle we're even hanging out today!"

My laughter rings through the air at his lack of independence. "I wasn't aware how much you needed me Mark."

Now he fully shoves me onto the road. "Shut up."

"Hey! I could get run over!" I run back onto the sidewalk pushing him onto the grass. "Don't scare me like that Mark!"

"You won't get run over! Stop worrying."

"Whatever." I grumble.

"Don't worry Youngjae. You won't die before we graduate high school. Only a couple more weeks!" He yells in my ear while shaking my shoulders.

"Yeah yeah." I laugh a little, excited that I'll start my life soon. With Jaebum. We continue walking until Mark stops in front of a giant bush. "What are we doing here?"

"I- hold on." He scopes around the area as if he was looking for someone.

"Is something going on?"

He shakes his head but takes his phone out to talk to someone. "Where are you!" I could hear him whisper/yell as if he's trying to keep what he's saying a secret. "No I said next to the... Whatever. Not my husband." What?

"You know you're not that quiet right?"

He freezes. "Gotta go."

"I didn't know you had a friend who was married. Who is it?"

"Oh uh Yugyeom. You don't know him." He shifts on his feet before leading me past the bush. "Actually, do you wanna eat something? I know this place nearby. We could eat there while we wait."

"Wait for what?"

"Uh. Nothing. Actually you stay here and I'll get us something. Yeah let's do that." He smiles and crosses the street. "But stay there!" He yells from the other side while running to a food store.

"I can't believe he just left." I mumble, kicking around the rocks at my feet. After about 10 minutes, I got bored and thought it was best to follow Mark. He's taking too long. My foot touches the asphalt, heart seeping through the sole.

Vroom.

Casually walking, I could hear someone yelling in the distance. But my stomach growls so I ignore it.

Honk!

Two bright lights illuminate the road, causing me to look to my left. My heart beat rises and I shield my face. The force of impact hits me and I fall to the ground.

Last thing I saw was Jaebum in the middle of the road, car going 80 before I black out.

I feel like shit.