XVII

After what felt like years, Leo and Katrina were in the ER. She didn't say one word to him in fear that he was mad at her, and that definitely brought back some bad memories

"Kat? Katrina? Hey look at me. I'm okay, everything will be fine Hun."

Katrina rolled her eyes at Conor

"You're so dumb! Why do I even date you. You knew you couldn't cut down that tree by yourself but you did it anyways! I told you we could've gotten professional help but you never ever listen to me."

Conor sat up in the hospital bed as he attempted at grabbing Katrina's hand over the railing but she pulled away

"I just worry about you, that's all" she said as she adjusted the baggy sweatshirt over her clothing that was her boyfriend's, it was soaked from the rain outside. A tear rolled down her cheek.

Conor had cut down the tree early in the morning at Katrina's house and didn't realized he broke it until later when he was doing laundry when he finally heard it crack. After sitting in the ER for 12 hours, it was the next day and it happened to be their anniversary.

"Sorry I screwed up" Conor looked down while holding his hand in discomfort, waiting for the doctor to return with X Rays

Katrina looked at him sympathetically "No! Don't say that, it was just an accident babe. Don't worry about it. I just want to make sure you were okay. I'm being selfish, I know, I'll shut up now."

After the flashback finished, reality hit Katrina like a frying pan as she stared at the white walls of the hospital. Her breath hitched realizing where she was. She had forgotten after being so caught up in her own thoughts.

She was still in her barça gear, waiting for a doctor to examine her. She fixed her ponytail as she fixed the braid that kept her bangs out of her face.

"I should've taken my cleats off to avoid swelling right?" Katrina said, trying to start a conversation with Leo but he didn't make eye contact with her so she gave up.

He was definitely angry at her, now she was in Conor's position and it didn't feel too great... At all.

A doctor finally called her name and got her a crutch to lean on instead of Leo because of the height difference between the two of them.

They took her in for X Rays which X means they had to take off her cleat, it took two doctors to do it but in the end, it was off and there was a terrible black and blue mark along with a bone sticking out.

All I did was kick a ball! Jesus, this is dumb Katrina thought as she glared down at the injury, while slamming her head back down on the metal examination table in distress.

Before she knew it the pictures were down and they were already taking her to a hospital bed to relax and give her intravenous and such, she'd be there for quite sometime.

"Leo, please don't be mad at me I'm so sorry,  I didn't mean-"

She shook his head at he stared blankly "Katrina it's not you, I promise. It's just- I have to leave like, in a few days, I have to go overseas."

Katrina wasn't shocked but she was disappointed, she knew it had to happen sometime but it felt so quick.

The doctor walked in just then and shut the door behind him.

"Hello Katrina, luckily you didn't break it, but it's a horrible sprain that makes it look as though you broke it. You just need it wrapped and you can't walk on it."

She was relieved over the news but didn't show it, she didn't want Leo to leave her ever, but it happened. And things went downhill

Real quick

A/N:
Hope you enjoyed! Please go follow Kara_Lawrence and BeyHiveForLife because they're the best and I love them so much! They have wonderful stories ❤️