XXXIV

Today was the day

Although Katrina wishes she had been getting married to Leo today, she wasn't. But, Leo was meeting her parents which was equally as nerve racking.

They had put it off for one year, and they were going to get it over with as quick as possible, just like a bandaid almost. The only positive was if they had approved of Leo, she'd hopefully receiving a ring soon, well at least she hoped so.  But she was not going to pressure Leo Into getting engaged with her, That was her worse fear. I mean, God forbid he didn't like her enough and she pressured him, the marriage would be ruined.

Alexandra and Sergio were also getting married soon so they didn't want to wait too long for Leo to come over because then there would be a lot of events going on.

Leo couldn't sleep for days, he had the week off so he flew back just to meet her parents. His stomach was doing flips and he was just a nervous wreck.

Katrina caught him rummaging through their closet multiple times. Even though Leo had just moved in and got settled, he'd always say that 'He was just cleaning' but Katrina knew the truth, he just wanted to look good.

It was one of the reasons Katrina had fallen in love with him, he was just a perfectionist

Katrina was nervous as well, and there were a couple valid reasons as to why. She knew her parents all to well, she had brought home many boyfriends and she knew their pet peeves and complaints. Her mother was more overprotective, her father wasn't close to her at all. So his opinion didn't matter very much.

The top three problems that she knew her parents would have are, he's a soccer player (They didn't believe playing sports was a job which is completely unfair), he had tattoos (She wasn't sure why but her mother despised tattoos), and lastly, after Conor, they didn't really have anyone up to their standards which made Katrina nervous.

Katrina knew Leo was the one for her, no matter what anyone said, so deep down, Katrina knew this was useless. They'd be together despite what anyone thought.

Katrina put on a pair of black skinny jeans with a black v neck shirt that had the FC Barcelona symbol pressed into the bottom left of the shirt.

Leo wouldn't stop fussing with his black polo shirt, he tugged and pulled on it multiple times. Katrina slapped his hand while she was driving

"Leo its fine, leave it alone, you'll do great, I promise you."

He quickly attached his hand to hers with a tight grasp, holding on for dear life. Katrina thought it was adorable but he was basically having a complete panic attack in he passenger seat as he tapped his foot rapidly

They pulled up to the house that was approximately an hour away and she took a deep breath.

She turned towards Leo as she lifted her sunglasses

"Whatever happens, I love you" he didn't look at her as he stayed silent

"Oh god, that sounds like a horror movie, don't worry. They're chill, well kinda, just relax. And be yourself, Please. Also, if things get weird, I will help you out. I'm not going to let you get roasted by my family, that's just stupid" she said while resting her hands over his and giving his a kiss on the cheek.

She grabbed her phone out of the cup holder as Leo remained in the car

She tapped on his window" Leo, you have to get out of the car, that's step one" she opened his door and held out her hand so he could hold it as they walked up the driveway.

"Love you" Leo managed to mumble out after Katrina knocked on the door.

Her mom answered the door with an enormous smile, immediately pulling Katrina into a big bear hug