25

I was currently standing on a random building somewhere in Gotham looking out for anything that screamed out Scarecrow.

"Belle to robin you see anything so far?"
"No. Anything from you father?"
"No. Now you two concentrate."

I rolled my eyes from how serious he is when he's in the suit. I stood against the edge of the building and looked out for more suspicious activity.

What if there was no cure for Joker? Where would that leave us

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around only to flip out of the way when a knife was inches away from slicing my neck. I didn't get to see who it was because the knife was coming down on me again so I jumped to the side really quick throwing a batarang at the man making him drop the knife. I wrapped a whip around his legs pulling his feet up so he can fall on the ground. I threw more batarangs at him pinning down his arms then I quickly tazed him making him go limp. I slowly walked over to the still figure cautiously and pulled down the hood covering their face. To my surprise it was actually joker.
"What the fuck," I muttered leaning over his face to get a good look at how his condition is now. He looked miserable and his skin was paler than usual. There was a piece of his green hair that fell down his forehead. I moved my hand towards him to move the hair back in place.
"BOO HAHAHAH."
I yelped and jumped back trying to slow down my heart.
"What's wrong sweetie I just wanted to kill you HAHA so I thought maybe scaring you to death would work hehehehehehehhee."

I crawled towards him and pinned my knee into his chest making sure he stayed down.
"I don't want to hurt you but where's scarecrow." He started acting all looney again and I already knew this was going to be difficult.

Hmmm maybe he's still in there somewhere.

With my knee still against his chest I leaned forward bringing my face close to his.
I'm hoping I do not regret this
I cupped his cheek in my hand making his laughter die down.
"Please don't make me regret doing this," I whispered. I brought my lips to his kissing him slowly then pulled away looking for any emotion In his eyes. I thought I saw a slight waver so I brought my lips to his more passionately again hoping something would come through. I almost screamed in happiness when he kissed back but he bit my lip hard making me pull away holding my bloody lip.
"OW FUCK OK I REGRET IT BAD IDEA BAD IDEA."
"As much as I liked that kiss trying to bite your lip off seemed more enjoyable HAHAHA." Growling I called batman and robin telling them to come where I'm at to help handle Joker.

Batman and robin landed in front of me and Batman looked at Joker observing him. Damian saw my bloody lip and his eyes narrowed at joker. Before I could do anything Damian pushed me off joker and started punching him senseless in the face.
"ROBIN NO STOP IT."
I grabbed Damian off Joker while Bruce sedated him. When Joker went limp Bruce looked at me and saw my bloody lip and scowled at me.
"What you did was stupid Belle."
"I know but I saw something waver in him a little so I know he's still in there. You can be mad at me but that's not going to help with anything." Bruce didn't say anything. He just grabbed Joker and swung back to his precious batmobile. I turned towards Damian and put my arm around his shoulder.
"Don't worry about them Aunt Iz. Father is going to keep him in a tube at the batcave and see if he can get any answers on him and maybe run a few tests. Anyways, if that damn clown hurts you again I'm showing no mercy." I smiled slightly at the boy and said," I wish Bruce told me about you earlier. You're not bad kid." I saw him irk at the word kid and I silently laughed knowing he hated to be looked at smaller than others.
" come on Damian let's go back before your father kicks your ass too."

*back at the batcave*
Damian and I were leaning against the wall watching Joker go crazy in the tube cell Bruce put him in. He was jumping around and laughing hysterically looking like a monkey with rabies. Alfred came over to me with a wine glass.
"It looks like you need some wine Miss. Wayne." I took it from him saying thank you and put the glass to my lips slowly sipping from it but never took my eyes off J.
"Aunt Iz how come he calls you Miss. Wayne and not Madame?"
"Because Madame Isabelle doesn't have a ring to it," I simply said. While Joker was knocked out Bruce extracted some more blood samples saying how fresh blood would have better results than the dried one I had on my hands. Bruce walked over to us with a syringe in hand.
"Thankfully fresh blood did work because I was able to find a antidote this time," Bruce said. He looked at Alfred and nodded slightly and Alfred pushed a button making Joker's tube open. The minute it opened he came running towards us but Bruce stabbed the syringe in his neck making Joker's laughter quiet down and him knocking out on the floor.
"Damian I want you to watch Joker until he wakes up to see if he's back to his usual self. Isabelle I don't want you around him for a while." I scoffed and looked at him.

"I'm not leaving his side!"
"It seems that he's only targeting you so I'm doing this for your safety."
"I can take care of myself Bruce! Why does something have to happen where I can't be with him. First you and then the penguin situation and now this! But fine I'll stay out of the way." I hopped on my motorcycle and sped out of the batcave.

I was sitting on top of another building looking out at the city I grew up in. I had a view of a park where I saw a couple holding hands laughing.

Why can't the world let me be happy with him like that.

I shook those thoughts out of my head knowing nothing would be normal between us and I was ok with that. I just wanted a period of time where nothing happens and we can just be carefree about ourselves.

An hour or so may have passed when I got a text from Damian saying that Joker was waking up. Sighing I rode my way back to the hell hole.

Hey guys! I just wanted to know if you had any suggestions for Isabelle's hero name because I can't think of any. This chapter was kind of sappy at the end but it shows how much she cares about him.