Harleen Quinzel

I was nervous. This was the first time I'd be seeing my cousin, Charlie, in a year. He was sent to Arkham Asylum because he killed my parents who took him in when my Aunt died. He just snapped. I was eighteen then, my birthday had just passed so now I was newly nineteen. I wanted closure, wanted to know why he did what he did. I know, closure from a crazy person. I walked in to the front waiting room and signed in. I sat down. There were a couple people there. Mostly adult couples, parents I guess. Then I saw a man who was about in his twenties sitting across from me. Black hair slicked back and tattoos. He stared at me and when he met my gaze he flushed. I got up and stood in front of him. "Harleen Quinzel, nice to meet ya!" I held out my hand. He seemed startled. He took it.

"J."

"Don't ya have a real name?"

"J isn't good enough for you?"

I laughed. "Aw you kidder."

"Joker. The name's Joker." Well wasn't that odd. I sat down next to him.

"Well Joker, why're you here? Told a joke to the wrong guy?"

He smirked. "Just visiting my friend. You?"

"Visiting my cousin. He killed my ma and pa ya know?" Joker raised his eyebrows. "Who's your friend then?"

He still looked weary of me. "One of my henchmen. He got caught in a heist and flipped the fuck out on the cops and wouldn't stop saying it was all a joke. Sounds like something I should have been doing since I am the Joker, but I need to talk to him."

"Well shit, J. You a criminal then?"

"Suppose I am." I leaned closer to him and smiled.

"You're intriguing Mista."

"Mister?"

"Mr. J" My name was called and I went to go back to see Charlie.