The rest of my life: Joker pov

They wanted to lure me in. I needed to save Harley, but I couldn't get caught. I had bought a luxurious apartment with a view of the city. I sat in a circle of Harley's clothes. I could almost imagine her here with me. Everyone was looking for me. I didn't leave the apartment. I had Al and T and P do my errands. She was in Arkham Asylum. It's been almost a month.

"Boss do you need anything?"

"No Al. Not right now." I muttered. He was concerned. Everyone was concerned. I hadn't commit a crime since Harley was taken. I can remember the feeling. It was worse than when Penguin took her. I was right there. I was in the next room. I couldn't save her.

*Flashback*

I woke up to the Sun shining brightly in my face. I yawned and sat up. Harley wasn't there. I got up and threw on pants and a jacket. I looked in the bathroom. She wasn't there. I went to the door and saw scratches. The lock was tampered with as well. Someone had been trying to get in. I opened the door. Al and the rest of my men stood around huddled. "What's going on?" I clenched my fists.

"N now b boss, don't get mad." T stuttered

"Who took her?"

"Well ya see Batman kind of.. well it was you or her boss." T started shaking.

"It's always HER."

*real time*

I went to the mini bar in the kitchen and pulled out a beer. I gulped it down and turned on the TV. I needed a distraction. I flipped through the channels, bored. Was this going to be the rest of my life?