Gone Girl Gone:Joker pov

I knew lying to Harley would be something I'd have to pay for later but I needed to catch my breath from all the excitement around there. I thought of who I was before her. A criminal, but one who didn't kill everyone they disagreed with, a criminal who robbed and made deals in the black market. I don't regret meeting my Harley, I love her, but I wonder about who I would be now if I hadn't met her. I laid hands on her. She hit me too, but I never would've laid my hands on a woman before. I didn't like hitting her. I liked her response. She begged me. She liked to beg me. I would do anything for her but I don't want to be weak in front of her. She had control and she gave it all to me.

I walked the streets of New York, wearing jeans and a hoodie to disguise me. I told her I had business. My only business here was to go get a drink.

•••••

I was on my seventh beer when a black man holding a bag came up to me. I looked at him. "She's gone." It took me a moment to realize the man was P, one of my men.

"Who's gone?"

"Your lady." I was confused until I realized he must have meant Harley. Shit.

"What?" I said slowly, standing up.

"Kidnapped, sir. We're tracking her right now."

"Who the fuck could have gotten in? Did she go out? WHO THE HELL HAS MY GIRL?" P backed up and handed the bag to me. We were drawing attention. I looked in the bag. My coat and button up and gun holster.

"The rest are in the van, sir." I was vivid. I would kill whoever took her. When I got to the van I got in the back.

"Sir, she's still got her phone on her luckily. She's out of state now. It appears she's on a plane with the way her speed is going." said T.

"Well where the hell is the plane going?"

"I'm checking now." T replied. "Sir,"

"Christ." I mumbled. Someone would have hell to pay.

"California!" P exclaimed.

"What?" I replied.

"It appears they're taking her to California."

"What the fuck?"

"They're not making stops either so it seems to be a private plane or jet or something. I'll call Al. " T said. Al was my right hand man. Don't ask me how but he could find out anything.

"Well boys, I suppose we're going on a road trip." I laughed and laughed at the thought that someone believes they could take my Harley without consequences. I laughed.