23

"Lou's got it bad" Shan says. We're back at her house now. I've got a few hours until dinner so I'm just chilling out with her until I have to go back home, I feel bad because I know my mum likes spending time with me and I haven't been home much lately.

"Okay," I say.

"No, really. I've never seen him this way. It's both exciting and sickening at the same time."

"Shan."

"Don't you start with the 'Shan' thing," she warns me. "I'm just telling you how I see it, and I can see more fireworks between you two than the fifth of November."

"The things you come out with" I shake my head.

"Jayde, you can tell me." She sits up and is serious. "Do you like him?"

"I like him. As a friend, as your big brother." I say.

"Nice dodge, Jayde." She lies back down.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Well, we'll see."

"Even after everything he said yesterday, I'm still pretty sure he just wants to get in my pants. That's all."

"Lou's never asked anyone for a chance. Ever. Trust me, he wants more than a roll in the hay." I laugh at her choice of words. I'm surprised she's trying to convince me to get with her brother, I honestly thought she'd be sickened by the idea.

"Well I'm not looking for anything". Who am I trying convince here, me or her?

"Yeah I believe you" Shan says in a tone that says she clearly doesn't. I just groan and lay my head back on the bed.