32

Louis's PoV:

Her body is pressed up again mine, and I press my lips to the top of her head. Her hair still smells of strawberries, and I squeeze her hand and smile to myself. If all it took was a trip to the aquarium to get her to trust me, I should have done this fucking weeks ago. "Where to now?" I ask her as we stroll along casually.

"Mmm, I'm pretty sure chips were mentioned this morning." Jayde licks her lips and I'm distracted by the movement of her tongue.

"Hello? Lou?" Her lips curve into a smile and I blink.

"Sorry, Princess. What did you say?"

"I said, I'm hungry." She laughs quietly.

"Well then. Let's feed you." I grin and wink at her. She shakes her head, and I turn us in the direction of the chip shop. It feels natural, walking with her so close to my side and buying her food like she's actually mine. She is. Almost.

Her stomach rumbles, and she blushes. "Honestly, you'd think you never ate." I roll my eyes, and she pokes my side with the hand resting on my waist.

"Oi." I lift our hands and poke her head.

"Stop it!" She squeals and turns so her chest pressing against mine. She looks up at me with wide eyes. Not shocked wide or scared wide. Just an amazed kind of wide.

"What?" I smile slightly.

"Nothing. Everything. I don't know," she mumbles.

"This lack of food is making you crazy, Princess," I whisper and push open the door of the shop. I order our food and try to ignore the little side glances she gives me as we wait. It's not easy. I can see it in her eyes, it's like she's really seeing me for the first time. I take our chips from the counter, and she grabs the curry sauce and forks.

"I love these little forks." She says as we make our way down onto the beach.

"How? Why?" I laugh.

"They're kinda cute, and good for poking people with too." She pricks me in the arm and giggles. I glare at her playfully, and she gives me a gorgeous little smile.

"Sit your butt down before I toss you in the sea," I order and hand her her food.

"Are you coming in with me?" She tilts her head to the side. "Cause if you are, then toss away."