42

Louis's POV:

"Dad where have you been all night?" It's 6 in the morning and I know dad hasn't been home long. I heard him coming home at 4 this morning.

"Out, mind your own business son" he spits, grabbing a bear out of the fridge.

"Isn't of a bit early to start that already dad." Shan sighs, walking into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes.

"Kids get the fuck off my back." He spits. Mum comes in, looking tired and confused.

"What's all the noise about." She yawns.

"Your kids are nosey bastards."

"My kids?" Mum laughs. "Since when were they just my kids".

"Oh, we're just your kids when we are a pain mum, but when it comes to making this family proud, we are both your kids." I laugh. Dad is unbelievable. I don't blame Jayde's family for not wanting anything to do with him. Shan might not want to believe that our dad is capable of trying to force himself on a woman years ago, but I believe it, 100% and it makes me feel sick to my stomach that it was Jayde's mum. I'm pretty sure mum knows deep down as well, he was a sick bastard back then and he still is now.

I don't know how jayde feels about me now, she might be scared that I'm like him and I would do that to her. I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt her, she needs to know that.

I go to my room and pick up my phone, dialling her number. I need to talk to her, we need to clear the air so we can decide where we go from here, together.

It goes straight to voicemail. Maybe she's still sleeping, I would be too if dad hadn't stormed into the house early this morning and banged everything in his way.