36

"I think we should just go" Louis's mum says to his dad. "Come on kids" she says, turning towards Shan and Louis.

"I'm staying here, it's Jayde's birthday." Louis says.

"Me too" Shan agrees, smiling at me sweetly.

"Get your hands off my daughter" my dad says, yanking Louis's hand out of mine.

"Dad!" I shriek.

"Don't put your hands on my son." Louis's dad says angrily.

"Okay what the hell is going on?!" I demand answers, staring at my mum.

"GET OUT." My dad screams, turning to music off. "Everyone out now!" I look at him in complete shock, he's lost it.

"I don't know what's happening here but ill call you tonight" Louis says, kissing my cheek before leaving with his family, Shan waves a
Sad goodbye. I just stand still in complete shock.

"What the hell is your problem? You've just ruined my birthday!" I cry. I can't even be in the same room as them any longer. I storm upstairs and slam my door. Screaming into my pillow. I've never seen my dad that angry before and it's really scary. I've also never seen my mum look that terrified. I need to know what's going on.

I walk back downstairs slowly and see mum crying into her hands on the sofa in the living room.

"Mum please talk to me" I say, sitting next to her on the sofa.

"Jayde, remember when I was telling you about the guy at the beach?" She says, looking up.

"Yeah?" I nod.

"Louis's dad- that's him." She cries, putting her face back into her hands.

"You stay the hell away from that boy, you hear me?" My dad spits in the doorway, making me jump.

"Dad, no! Louis is a good guy, he's not like his-" I say but dad cuts me off.

"Stay away from him Jayde, I'm not going to tell you again." He says sternly.

This cannot be happening.