Stranded - Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Wake up!" I cried, shaking her. She was cold and her skin was grey. "She can't die!" I screamed. I stared at Faye, whose eyes were closed. "We need to do something! I can't let her die!" I pleaded. Everyone was silent, "Please," I whispered. My cheeks had gone bright red and my face was wet with tears. I had really worked myself up.

"I know CPR," Lewis said quietly.

"What?" I asked, shocked. He repeated louder, braver. "Oh my god, please, do it Lewis, hurry," I suddenly had a sense of hope, but it would probably be too good to be true.

"I'll just-" Lewis began, bracing himself.

"Hurry Lewis," Bradley said. He too wished he could do something to help. Lauren turned away and Tom stood by her.

Lewis looked worried, but he did it anyway. He pumped Faye's chest to try and get the oxygen in, "One... Two... Three..." I burst out crying at the sight of her body jerking, and the sound of her bones snapping. I closed my eyes and turned away, praying for it to work.

Lewis was red in the face, but he kept going. It took a lot of strength mentally and physically for him to do so.

After twenty pumps, he stopped. He looked shaken. "Why'd you stop Lewis?" I asked anxiously.

"It's.. It's not working,"

"What!" I screamed, "no, no, no!" I began doing CPR myself. I was so worn out but worked through my tears. "One, two, three," I almost screamed.

"Bella,"

"Bella, stop!"

"Bella!"

The people around me were worried about my state, and wether I was helping Faye or making it worse. I just stared at her lifeless body, realising there was nothing I could do. I gulped and realised I was shaking. I couldn't believe what was happening, I was in shock. I felt dizzy and almost fell. I didn't know what else I could do.

Josh looked at the floor and Lauren was frozen on the spot. Bradley was standing with his hand on his forehead. He stayed silent. He was staring at Faye, thinking about what to do.

When suddenly, I swore I saw her eyelid twitch.

"Carry on doing CPR!" I said quickly.

Lewis continued, and every time he pumped air back into her lungs, a flash of colour appeared in her cheeks.

And every time he pressed her lungs, you could see her coming back to life...

"Stop!" I hissed. The boys backed away slightly, as I pulled away from Tom and watched Faye.

My face lit up as I saw her neck throbbing from her pulse. "Oh my god," I whispered. "Faye?" I asked, excitedly. Her eyes started blinking as she got used to getting her vision back. And then she opened them.

She looked around the room, familiarising herself with the surroundings. I covered my mouth in disbelief as she held her hand out. "Faye," I felt a tear trickle down my cheek.

"Bella?" She croaked. I smiled. Bradley breathed a sigh of relief. Tom and Lauren hurried over, beaming.

"What..." She breathed, "what happened?" We all sighed, wondering if we wanted to recount the whole traumatic event. I could finally relax for once.