Chapter 20

"What happened to your hair?" Jungkook looked at me as if I shaved my whole head bald.

"I spilled curry on it," I rolled my eyes and placed the cup of hot ramen on the cashier counter.

"Seriously, what did you do to your hair?" He asked again out of annoyance.

"I coloured it and I curled it, if you can't see," I held a few strands of my hair and shoved it in front of his face.

"Why would you do that?"

"What? Do I look bad in this?" I raised and lowered my eyebrows, waiting for his answer.

"No, it's just, you look different. I haven't seen that colour on you for such a long time. Why did you do it?" He scanned the cup of ramen and waited for my response.

I sighed and closed my eyes before I slowly spoke. "Taehyung wanted me to."

"Taehyungie hyung? He asked you to do that? Why would he?" Goddamn it he's asking a lot of questions.

"You sure have a lot of questions tonight ey," I placed a hand on my waist.

"Come on, I deserve to know what's going on with my sister," He handed me the ramen cup.

"That, again," I rolled my eyes at the mention of sister and took the ramen from him.

"You barely listen to people's advice or instructions. Hell even I myself, your brother had always been ignored my instructions by you. The only one you listened to was Jimin, because he's your boyfriend. And now look what, you're listening to Taehyung," He finished his sentence as he crossed his arms across his chest and looked at me victoriously as if he had proven the big bang theory.

"Okay, so what?" I trailed off, curious as to what he has to say him.

"I mean, it's weird you know. You only listen to people you like. And right after you broke up with Jimin, you started hanging out with Taehyung and you even coloured your hair—" He emphasized it by flying a few strands of my hair in the air and continued, "which was by his request. God knows what else you guys did together."

"What? We didn't do anything else," I slowly crept away, hoping to run away from him before he says the rest.

"Ah, right. He's your, what? Friends with benefits? How can I forget that. I think that thing is starting to make your emotions spark in you."

I paused in between my steps and looked at him seriously. "What do you mean?"

"I think you're way over Jimin now," He suddenly had a grin on him.

"Isn't that a good thing? So what if I'm over Jimin? I don't have to sulk all day because of him."

"Nuh uh, because you already has someone else," He put up a finger to prove his point.

"What? Pfscht, no I don't," I tried to dismiss the fact that what he's saying might be true.

"And you like him, don't you? That someone else, you're starting to like him, aren't you?"

"What? No—I don't like him, we've just met each other—pfscht no, hell no," I nervously laughed and tried to hide the shakiness in my voice.

"See? I didn't even mention a name when I said someone else, so I might be talking about an entirely different person but his name was the one that popped up in your head. You can't stop thinking about him," He suddenly looked at me as if I just won the 100 m race in the first place and he's my proud mama. "You like him."

"No, I don't! And plus, the person that I was thinking might be different than the person you thought I'm thinking about." Honestly, I don't know if he had psychic powers and not telling me but he's doing a good job at reading my mind and knowing I was thinking about that person.

"Oh, Jinni. We all know who you're thinking about right now."

"Fine then, I don't like him, I swear. But, let's just say I like him. What's the problem with that?"

He frowned and looked at me for a while and somehow I hoped that what I said was nothing near wrong. "You know when it comes to friends with benefits, if one of you falls for the other one, it's going to be a HUGE problem, right?"

I was taken aback by what he said. Surely, it won't be such a huge problem if I fall for him, right? I mean, we're already making out. Isn't that what people who like each other would do?

"See, that's the problem. You have this mentality that if two people makes out, they like each other." Seriously, did he just read my mind? "No. It's not like that at all. And that's why it could be such a huge problem. You would be heartbroken if you were to find out that he doesn't like you back."

"W-What? Is that even possible?"

He sighed and facepalmed himself, taking a deep breath before he explained further. "Let me lay this down so you could clearly understand it. Do you like him?"

I immediately shook my head.

"Fine. Does he like you?"

"How should I know? Do you think I can read people's mind or something?" I huffed out in annoyance.

"Let's just say that he doesn't," He paused for a while and glared at me. "And then you guys make this stupid agreement without thinking of the consequences. Okay, everything's going fine at first. But, what do you think would happen if one of you actually falls for the other? For example, what if you fall for him?"

"I don't see the problem if I were to fall for him. Isn't that a good thing? We're already making out with each other," I slowly trailed off.

"That's the thing. Just because you're making out, doesn't mean that you like each other. It could be because of plain lust. What if you fall for him and he doesn't?" His question made me shut up and my expression changed into an emotionless one. I don't know what to say. He continued when he realised I didn't have anything else to say.

"What if he finds out you have fallen head over heels for him while he doesn't have that kind of feelings for you? He would be uncomfortable to do that with you. You know why? Because he knows that you're kissing him out of love while he's kissing you out of lust. He won't want to continue doing it, knowing it'll only break your heart if you find out. Plus, it'll be awkward between you two."

That made me speechless. I knew what he said was true, he has a point. But, I don't like Taehyung. Do I? And Taehyung doesn't like me too, not in a way that is unexpected. So, I think there shouldn't be a problem with this.

"I'll think about it," I said as I exited the mart, letting my feet drag me back home.

***

what a terrible update i'm so sorry y'all i just miss jungkook that's all

- 티니