Chapter 36

"How many days do we have left to Christmas?" I asked Jungkook who's lounging around my living room right after reading a text from the popular girl in school.

"I'm not sure, it's not like I'm a walking calendar or something. Go check your calendar," He muttered emotionlessly as he scrolled through his phone.

"Asshole," I threw a pillow at him, causing him to recklessly drop his phone onto his face.

"Yah!" He shouted in pain. "Is that how a sister should treat her brother?!"

I ignored him as I stared at the text message on my phone screen, scrunching my nose.

"Yah, you're ignoring me now?" He scoffed.

Haejin : Christmas eve party at my place, 10 pm.
See yall there, toodles! Xx

"Yah, keundae, why are you staring at your phone screen like that?" He sat up on the couch opposite of me.

"Nothing...." I mumbled to him as I kept on staring at my phone.

"Liar," He hissed at me.

"Ani, I'm just....thinking," I said to him as the other half of my mind is thinking about the party.

"Thinking bout what?" He asked me.

"One of the girls in my school is hosting a Christmas eve party."

"So?"

"I wanna go."

"Then, just go."

"I wanna go with Taehyung."

"That's even better, you won't look like a loser going alone after what happened at the last party you went to."

I threw another pillow at him and it landed right on his face.

"YAH!" He shouted in annoyance again.

"I wanna go with Taehyung."... I muttered lifelessly.

"Then just go! What's the problem with that?!" He was annoyed that I kept throwing pillows at him just now.

"But, Jimin will surely go to that party too. He always goes to parties," I was worried we might bump into each other after what happened and things might become more akward.

Jungkook rolled his eyes slightly and picked a pillow and threw it back to me, just in time for me to catch it.

"Just go if you want, okay? Don't have to bother thinking about Jimin when you already have Taehyung," He said to me as he brushed past me to go to the toilet.

He's right, if I wanna go I should. If I don't, I don't have to. I threw away my phone and my thoughts until just seconds after I threw my phone onto the carpet a message came through.

"Ugh, I just threw you onto the floor," I groaned to my phone as I tried to reach for it from the floor with my back pressed against the couch.

"Here you go," Jungkook suddenly appeared and handed me my phone.

"Thank you," I muttered when I was about to reach for my phone but he suddenly took it away from me. "Yah."

"Hmm, let's see. A message from," He rubbed his chin humorously until his expression turned genuinely disgusted, "Apple pie?"

"Give it back to me," I strongly insisted.

"Apple pie? Seriously?" He scoffed and then facepalmed himself.

"It's my contact, not yours," I got up and snatched my phone from him.

"You name Taehyung Apple pie in your contacts?" He looked at me disbelievingly.

"What? I like apple pies," I muttered emotionlessly as I unlocked my phone to read the message.

"Heol, you two lovebirds. I'm outta here," He said before he went out of my apartment, slamming the door behind.

Apple pie: Let's meet up at the park, I have
                   something to tell you.

I typed in my reply and quickly sent it to him. He sounded serious but I hope it's nothing bad. I admit I am a bit curious as to why he sounded serious, which was out of the usual. I slipped on my jumper and my coat before going out to the park.

The sky was already dark when it's not even 4 pm yet and the weather forecast earlier said that the probability of snow tonight is 62%. It's freezing, and yet I found myself making my way to the park because of one boy.

Because it's dark, I guess the park is deserted. It's practically empty. No one is there at all. Not a single soul. The cold wind breezing is also what makes the atmosphere eerie when the naked trees swayed.

I stood in the middle of the park and looked around for any signs of people, but there was none. No signs of Taehyung.

I suddenly imagined something like a jumpscare from Nightmare on Elm Street, a man with hooks approaching me in the dark.

"Aish, paboyah," I knocked my head a few times for thinking of things like that.

"Where is this Kim Taehyunggggg," I muttered to myself as I took my phone out of my pocket.

I called him, but unfortunately no answer.

"Why are you not picking up, Kim Taehyung?" My voice came muffled out against my huge fluffy scarf wrapped around my neck.

I was looking around when I spot a tall, black figure amongst the fog. I couldn't make out clearly what he's wearing but from what could be seen, he probably wore a long black coat, black pants, black shoes, black hat.........

.......s-slenderman?

I slowly walked backwards but accidentally stumbled upon a stone. Thank god I didn't fall. I looked at the ground and saw a huge rock and when I looked back in front of me, the guy was gone.

I looked around and saw no trace of him at all.

That surely gave me goosebumps.

"It's just your imagination," I nervously laughed at myself.

Just as I was about to walk away, a hand covered my eyes and another covered my mouth.

I screamed hard but no one could hear me.

That's it.

I'm gonna die here. Slenderman has found me.

***

long time no see yallllll finally another update

which is i know, very lame

btw because i wasn't online for almost forever before this, i didn't get to wish you guys merry christmas

i know this is late but, merry late christmas!

And Happy New Year! :)

- 티니