You Did Well, Angel

My heart is broken. I still can't believe that this has happened. I still wish that when I wake up the next morning this would all be just a nightmare but unfortunately, seeing all the pictures of his funeral on the news slapped me into reality. This is real.

I may not have been an avid fan, but as a kpop lover, I understand the hardship that every single idol has to go through. I did have those moments when I fangirled over him and swooned over his good voice and looks. He worked just as hard as many idols.

And with that, I wish you well, our dear Jonghyun. You have inspired so many hearts to leap further in their lives and help them make a change for the better. Your music is able to save us when we're going through our own hardship. Your smile is what has driven some of us to still stay strong. You have no idea how many you have motivated.

I hope you are free now. I'm truly sorry if I wasn't there from the start to console you, from a human to another human being. I am so sorry, Jonghyun. I am deeply, sorry. I hope you know now that you are not alone.

I hope we meet again in your next life. Rest in peace, angel.

If any of you are going through a hard time, please feel free to DM me. I may not be able to reply promptly, but I will try my best to do so. Remember, if you are also fighting, you are not alone.

Let's all look at the sky and promise to not see him as the person who committed suicide, but as the person who inspired others to achieve so many.

To our Jonghyun.

April 8, 1990
– December 18, 2017

We miss you.

••••