Chapter 33

I woke up the next morning when it was still early. I don't even know how I managed to be up so early when I was the one who usually whines when I'm lack of sleep.

I looked at my waist and realised that Taehyung still has his arms wrapped around me. And his snoring tells me that he's still deep in sleep. I checked my watch and deduced that 6.30 am isn't that bad to wake up early and make breakfast for him.

Slowly, I slithered my way out of his embrace. I don't know how I managed to be successful at that because normally he would be instantly awaken and quickly tighten his arms around me to prevent me from escaping. I deserve a trophy for that.

I took a quick shower and washed myself up, putting on an oversized sweater and fluffy cotton pants since it's cold. I quietly crept out of the room to avoid disturbing Taehyung from his sleep and went to my kitchen.

Let's see, what is it that's ideal for a guy to have breakfast made by his lover?

I opened my cabinet and found some eggs that I don't even know are there since I rarely cook. My knowledge in cooking isn't so great, so I think omelette is the best shot I could give for breakfast.

I set up the pan and oil, somehow in the midst of that I found myself smiling. I guess it's true what they say.

You'd enjoy the little things you'd do for them.

When it's all set, I cracked the egg open and started working my magic. As if I even have any since I barely do the cooking, and it's Taehyung who had done most of the job for me when he stayed over before.

After a few minutes of frying the omelette and having a taste of it, it doesn't seem to feel complete. It's...tasteless.

"What is it that I need for omelettes...." I muttered to myself as I put on my thinking cap.

"Pepper," I snapped my fingers when I remembered a scene where Taehyung prefered his fried eggs sprinkled with pepper when we had lunch at Panda Express once.

I looked at the counter top in front of me but there were no signs of pepper. I looked practically everywhere around the kitchen but it wasn't there.

"Don't tell me that I don't even have pepper in my kitchen," I leant against the wall and whined to myself.

"Seolma," I suddenly came to think that it could possibly be in the high cabinet.

It couldn't have possibly been there. I'm not tall enough to put it in a cabinet that's almost 2 metres higher than me.

I tried to reach open the cabinet to see if it's there and if it is, there's no luck for me in reaching it cause it's way up high for me.

And there's no luck for me.

There it was, sitting in the middle of the cabinet, the tiny isolated pepper.

"I don't even remember putting it there," I said to myself as I poked my skull.

I tiptoed, thinking I'd be at least a few centimetres higher than my real height and extended my hand to grab it but to no avail it was a failure.

"Ah, how did you even manage to put it way up there? So annoying, really," I got mad at myself and cursed as I tried jumping up and down in hope for a miracle to happen.

"This is not working," I said after many unsuccessful attempts at reaching the pepper. "I need to use a stool or something."

As I was about to turn around to look for a stool, a pair of hands immediately grabbed my waist and lifted me up a few centimetres in the air. I looked down and was surprised to see Taehyung with a smug grin on his face as he lifted me up to his shoulder level.