Chapter 16

"We're here," His soft voice spoke, awakening me from my short nap. I've tried to stay awake by listening to the songs on the radio but the soft lullabys were only telling me to go to sleep. Curse the radio station for putting Ed Sheeran on the playlist.

"Where are we?" I slightly opened my eyes and stretched myself on the seat. He got out of the car without answering my question and got to my side, opening the door.

"Come on, sleeping beauty," He held out his hand for me to take and I gladly took it. He pulled me out from the car and wrapped his arm around my waist as I closed the door.

"I'm still sleepy," I softly whined as we walked to what seems like a walkway on a pier near the beach. This is so comfortable, my arm on his waist and his on mine, walking side by side as we hugged each other. Am I enjoying this? I feel like I am. I thought Jimin was the only guy that could make me feel this way, but somehow I knew I was wrong when my heartbeat raced faster everytime he kissed me. Hell, I feel like my heart's not even there anymore even when he's just smiling.

"It's okay, you can rest your eyes until we reach the end of the walkway. Just keep on clinging onto me, don't worry about falling. I'm here," He looked down at me and smiled. That smile. I love that smile.

"You want me to sleep while I walk? Is that even possible?" I laughed lightly.

"Sleepwalking is real. It doesn't only exists in books and movies," He poked my nose. "Now, go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we've reached the end of the walkway."

And with that, I closed my eyes as he brought me to his desired destination. I wondered how my legs managed to walk through it all when my soul is asleep. Heh, I guess there are some things about my brain that I don't know. After a few minutes of walking, we finally reached the place. I could tell when he stopped walking.

"Princess," He tickled my chin, causing me to giggle from my sleep. "That's your soft spot?" I nodded.

"Okay, the next time we makeout I'd keep that in mind," He snickered at me.

"I didn't know you were a pervert," I pushed him away from myself, my smile falling off.

"Hey, I was just joking," He pouted and sat down on the edge of the boardwalk, letting his legs dangle above the seawater. "Come here," He ushered me to sit beside him.

I decided to tease him and kept a safe distance, so I sat a few metres away from him.

"Not there, here," He whined and patted on the space right beside him. I pretended to not hear him and looked at the night sky. I heard a sigh and a few shuffling and when I looked to my right, he was already sitting right beside me.

I was about to move away when he locked me in position by firming his arm around my waist. "You have nowhere to run now." He whispered into me. The night is already chilly but he's sending me more chills running down my spine.

"So, what is this place?" I changed the topic and looked at the vast sea in front of me.

"My thinking pier."

"Your thinking pier?" I asked him and he nodded.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? If you have your thinking rock, I have my own thinking pier too."