Chapter 28

"Jimin," I let out my breath when I saw him.

He stood there silently as he too, seemed to be caught off guard to bump into me in the park. "J-Jinni," He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, making the atmosphere more uncomfortable. Funny how just a simple thing can affect someone's feelings.

"What are you doing here?" He broke the silence once again from where he stood.

"I was just, waiting for someone," I said and dismissed the thought of revealing I was with Taehyung.

"Oh, I was just passing by," He looked at the ground as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Then, I'll just get going." He said and took the steps away from me.

I silently nodded and looked at the ground as he walked past me.

Please come back and admit to your mistake, say sorry and fix things back.

Miraculously, as if he heard my mind, he turned around and shuffled towards me quickly.

"Um, can I have a few minutes with you?" He bored into my dull almost-colourless eyes.

"For what?" I raised my eyebrow. He took a deep breath before he continued.

"Okay, I know we've been over this a thousand times but we never settled in a good way. But please," He closed his eyes and clasped both of his palms in front of me. "Can you please let me explain everything from A to Z?"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed as soon as I heard the word explain. As if he needed any explaining why he had sex with another girl.

"You did," I said coldly. "Cause I didn't want to do it with you, remember?"

His expression seemed taken aback and he looked at the ground before he looked back up at me.

"Yeah, but I was stupid back then. I still haven't finished talking yet," He looked at me pleadingly. When he sensed that I was quiet, he continued.

"Yes, true the only reason I had sex with another girl is because you don't wanna do it with me. True that I cheated on you; but that's it. That's all, nothing more than that. My feelings for you...." He gulped down his saliva before his eyes started to glisten, "haven't changed."

I was surprised, shocked, confused—all three, when he said that to me. He just confessed to me that his feelings for me are still the same despite the fact that he cheated on me. Hard to believe, yes. But it's hard to find it a deception either, when the look in his eyes that I recognise so much is telling me he's being sincere.

"Do you realise what you just said?" I breathed out coldly.

"I do. And i said it, let me say it again," He took a few steps towards me, suddenly bringing both his hands to the sides of my face. "My feelings for you are still the same as before."

He observed my face that doesn't budge at all and continued. "I still love you, pabo yah."

Now, everything inside my head is going haywire. I don't get what the fuck he just told me.

"How is that possible when you—"

He shut me up when he pulled me in for a hug, tightly at that. "I know, it's confusing for you. It is for me, too. Listen, I know that I cheated on you. I only did that because I needed to get off of this," he cleared his throat, "dying lust. And since you don't wanna do it with me, well, maybe just yet, I had to do it with someone else. My abstinence is weak, and I'm sorry for that. I couldn't control my hormones."

He pulled away and stared into my eyes again. "But trust me, I only did that out of pure lust. As painfully as it might be for her, I'm only using Nara for sex."

He bit his lip when he realised it's bad for him to do it. "Nothing changed ever since. Everyday, every night, I'm still dying to know what you're doing. What you're thinking, have you eaten or not, is there anything that upsets you, and things like that. Nothing has changed, Park Jinni. And I still love you."

I stood still after I heard his confession and I honestly, don't know what to do. My emotions are dwelved in his calming words and soft tones that I haven't heard in a long time.

"I love you, Jinni." He grasped both my shoulders and waited for my response.

"What about you?" He asked nervously, waiting for my response.

"What about your girlfriend?" I tried to avoid answering his question and directed the topic to his new girlfriend.

He sighed and looked at the ground. "Nara, I don't care about her. I feel bad for her but I don't love her like I love you." His words sent chills down my spine.

"You can't just leave her after you've had enough of her," My pained voice came out croaky. As much as I hate Nara, I hate what Jimin is doing to her, too. I don't like it when a guy uses a girl just for sex and dump her later on. Nara is about to become a victim just for that.

"Well, that's my mistake, isn't it? I'll have to think about that later on. I'll have to deal with it, but all I want now is to go back to you. I miss you."

Too many things to take into account, my mind can't handle all. "Hold on, what did you just say?"

"I miss you," He said slowly.

"I love you, Park Jinni," He said again this time to plant the words into my head.

"I too, love Park Jinni," An unexpected voice came from somewhere beside us, taking both of us completely off guard.

I turned my head slowly to the direction where I heard the voice of the person I was supposed to be waiting for and waited for the war that is about to begin.

Taehyung stood there with a sly grin on his face and I noticed that he was holding some tissues in the palm of his hand.

He brought those tissues for me.

Suddenly, he walked towards the both of us casually as if nothing of this is affecting him and stopped right beside us. He looked at the ground with his grin still pasted on his face and slowly let his eyes travel to Jimin's face.

"I too, love Park Jinni," He repeated his words.

***

Finally guys another chapter

Ugh i am dying trying to balance between college life and the fun life

Anyway hope you guys arent mad at me for updating so late

Thanks for 3K+ and for those who commented/voted for my story! You guys da real mvp! 💓💓💓💓

- 티니