2 - Agreement?

Recap

"So, the thing is..."

Eyebrow raised.

"Would you like to go out with me."

* * * * *

I mentally laughed. He has to be joking... Right? I mean he is Rileys uncle. Her uncle. I wouldn't imagine having this conversation with him in a lifetime. As I kept playing with my thoughts, a voice shook me from them.

"I know what you're thinking." he smirked.

I scowled. What a*

"I'm not being serious."

I let out a relieved and annoyed sigh. What the hell is he trying to tell me?

"I want you to be my fake girlfriend."

Mental laugh.

"Why?"

The only thing that came to mind right now. I couldn't think of anything else to say to him. He laughed awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Look, I like all the girls, I really do. In fact, I don't want to seem tied down to one."

Okay, what the hell is he telling me? He wants me to be his fake girlfriend but he likes the attention of other girls... Jesus.

"You're not making any sense." I narrowed my eyes lazily at him.

He sighed.

"It's my brother."

Wait what?

"He thinks I shouldn't be going after all these girls and think I should just stick to one for now. So if I pretend to have a girlfriend, I don't get annoyed with him and he'll be happy."

I blew a strand of hair away from my face. Wait a second. His brother is Rileys dad.

"But*"

"It would be weird for me to date my nieces best friend?"

This weirdo can read minds? He can't even read one line from a textbook.

"It is. So why have me as your fake girlfriend? There are plenty of girls who are dying to go out with you."

This guy was playing with me. I didn't think he was making up the story though, Cory does but him alot about girls. It would be so awkward for me though. I'm dating his brother? I shuddered at the thought.

"He knows you better and trusts you. Which makes it a double win for me."

I raise an eyebrow.

"What do you say?" he smirks.

He holds out his hand infront of me, waving it and teasing me. I narrow my eyes at him.

Hmmm. Josh is a total toy. He flirts with every girl he sees and every girl he sees flirts with him. Clearly, I'm heading into dangerous territory. Then again, he's Rileys uncle and I would always help out family. Even with the wrong reasons. God, this better not*

"I'm in." I say as I shake his hand.

A mischievous smile creeps into my face. This may not end well, but I'm going to have some fun with it.

Sorry this is so short guys! 😖 I'll make the next one longer. I have school coming up in the next few days so I'll be posting less and less unfortunately. In the mean time, let's get to know my fellow Lucaya/Joshaya Friendz! Answer the questions below and have a great day!

1. Is there something about Maya's character you personally like?

2. Do you think Maya's crush on Josh will fade?

3. Does Joshaya have a future?

Have a great day!
-MM