7 - First Date

We were outside and as I turned around to see Lucas, he was already gone. Why did his behaviour change when Josh put his arm around me? He's probably got a bipolar attitude. Anyways, Josh stopped me beneath a big tree infront of our school. It was kind of hidden since it was in the lower parking lot and the lower parking lot had alot of trees. This one was just the biggest and had the most space.

"So, when do you want me to pick you up?" Josh asked.

"Wait, what?"

Josh rolled his eyes.

"If we're fake dating, we might as well have a fake date to make it more believable." He said in a 'duh' tone.

I tilted my head to the side. It's not a bad idea. But I don't want him to think this is going to be a fancy outing.

"Fine, but no fancy restaurants." I said.

He smirked and nodded his head.

So what time do you want me to pick you up?" He asked.

I wondered. Shawns probably going to be home and I wouldn't want him getting the wrong idea that I'm going out with my best friends uncle.

"I'll just go to Rileys apartment at 6"

Josh nodded his head.

"Whatever you say, blondie."

Then he walked off, leaving me beneath the tree by myself. Josh was confusing. He was always after girls and getting into their pants. I have to watch out for myself on this date...

* * * * *

"When will you be back home?" Shawn asked.

Shawn has always been protective of me and thats what I loved about him. I turned around gracefully in my short and purple dress. My heels clicked on the wooden floor.

"I'll be back by mid-night." I reassured him, playing with the necklace tied around me.

He hugged me goodbye and I was on my way to Rileys place. As I climbed up the fire escape, I heard conversation in her room. It sounded like Rileys voice and one I wasn't too sure of. It was a males voice but it was very familiar to me. Before I entered her room, I listened.

"So, Charles overpowered the king and eventually won the war."

"I'm just so fascinated by how he was so outnumbered but he managed to defeat the king."

"Miracles can happen, Riley."

A short pause.

"So, Farkle. You wanted to ask me something before the project?"

"Oh yeah. Well, I wanted to know if you*"

"Hi guys." I disturbed.

Farkle looked up at me from the floor. He seemed annoyed and surprised. Riley smiled and stood up to hug me.

"Hi peaches." She smiled.

"Hey, where's Uncle Boing?"

"Downstairs." I nodded and left them in her room.

I descended the stairs and I see Josh waiting by the door. He seemed agitated and I look at the time.

6:09