3 - Disputes and Descisions

Maybe I shouldn't have agreed.

"Move over!"

"You're coming to the mall and that's final."

"Stop whining!"

Josh's car was packed. Charlie and Zay were in the back, bickering about whether they should watch the football or hockey game tonight. Missy, Farkle and Riley were behind us, arguing about who was coming with Missy to the mall. I was stuck up front, with Josh. He didn't even start the car yet and eveyone was fighting. This wasn't going to work for us.

"Can you all just shut the hell up!?" Josh yelled.

As he started the engine, a blue convertible pulled up beside us. A tall brunette, sat up front by the drivers seat, his car empty. He looked over at us and smirked. I knew that face. Lucas Friar.

"Hey, looks like you're carrying a lot." Lucas smirked.

"No, really?" Josh sarcastically said.

"Look, I have empty seats. I can take a few of you want." Lucas offered.

Josh turned around, suggesting that some people go into Lucas' car but no one said anything. Charlie and Zay looked to the floor and Missy, Riley and Farkle continued to argue even after the suggestion. I sighed. When will they grow up? I jumped out of the car.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked.

"What does it look like? I'm riding with this idiot." I sarcastically remark.

"I heard that."

Josh smirked and laid back on his seat.

"Fine by me."

"Sweet." We heard someone say.

Farkle stood up from his seat between the two girls and rushed out. He slammed the car door As he breathed out a sigh of relief.

"You riding with us?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow then turned to look at Lucas. Giving him a weird look. Then he let out a chuckle.

"Hell no. I'm in shot gun." he said as he opened the door to the seat I was previously in.

I should have seen that coming.

"Maya, are you sure that you want to go with him?" Riley asked.

"I didn't want to, it's just that no one volunteered. That, and I'm not sitting in a car that will have you, Missy and Farkle bickering behind me the entire ride to your house." I rant.

Riley looked at me sympathetically but as he turned to Lucas' direction, she sighed.

"Alright then."

The engine started and our conversation came to a halt. Josh for out of the street and veered away.

"See you at my house!" he yelled As he drove off.

I opened the door to Lucas' car and hop in. I shut the door loudly and sighed.

"Hey, don't break her." Lucas said.

I raised an eyebrow.

"What's got you so grumpy today." Lucas asked.

"You don't even know me." I say.

He didn't talk at all after that and to be honest, I felt kind of bad that I had told him that. I wanted to apologize but the roar of the engine caught me off guard. He started to make his way down the street and headed into the direction of Rileys house.

The whole ride there, was silent.